Summer Floor Mats

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Searched. All anyone ever talks about our winter floor mats. What about summer floor mats? Nobody seems to talk about these. I despise the summer floor mats their crap. Anybody using any aftermarket summer Matt?

Wish I had more to provide but I just use all weather mats. I think its silly to change mats since mud which can occur all year round isnt much different than tracking in snow/dirt

I have been swapping out my Aries all weather mats for the stock 'summer' mats. I decided to just leave the Aries mats in place. They look great and cover well.

I leave the same ones in. In the winter we have mud, ice and dirt; but in the summer we have sand, mud and dirt. This is the reason i bought the "premium" mats, they look sporty and are all weather.

Wish I had more to provide but I just use all weather mats. I think it’s silly to change mats since mud which can occur all year round isn’t much different than tracking in snow/dirt

Spend a winter in Cleveland and tell me it's just like summer. Bwahahahaha
Maybe Massachusetts is a lot muddier then Ohio. Summer v winter is night and day in Ohio. It's much different.

Last edited:
Well the ones I have are called all weather mats for a reason. Not specifically winter only.

I took the carpet mats out immediately after buying the car and have exclusively used the rubber all weather mats. Only complaint is what they didn't cover on the driver side as I have the OEM ones. That area definitely needs a good shampooing and cleaning around the gas pedal and dead pedal.

I may look into other all weather mats in the future, but I'd never use my carpet ones again. There's really no point.

I really like the weather tech all weather matts and would recommend them. They cover much more than OE and go up the sides a bit. Due to the gas pedal design in the Mazda, which I generally like, they can’t cover that are as well as you can’t go under it like in other cars where the pedal hangs down so that could still be an issue. I still feel like they do a better job there than factory though.

I really like the weather tech all weather matts and would recommend them. They cover much more than OE and go up the sides a bit. Due to the gas pedal design in the Mazda, which I generally like, they can’t cover that are as well as you can’t go under it like in other cars where the pedal hangs down so that could still be an issue. I still feel like they do a better job there than factory though.

Yeah. I will probably check those out then.

I like the simplistic design of the OEM ones, but agree that on the driver side they don't protect as much as I wish, and I figured that was the case with the gas pedal just due to its design.

You don't use salt on your roads in Colorado. You have no idea what this does to your interior. Summer sand and mud is nothing compared to winter salt. :D
I prefer carpet in the summer. Man, there were SO many companies making aftermarket "summers" for Saabs. No one seems to have any for Mazda.

Yup we use salt here. Good winter matts is a must unless you want your black carpet in be grey. And who knows what that does to the meal floor bellow.

You don't use salt on your roads in Colorado. You have no idea what this does to your interior. Summer sand and mud is nothing compared to winter salt. :D
I prefer carpet in the summer. Man, there were SO many companies making aftermarket "summers" for Saabs. No one seems to have any for Mazda.

We still have mag chloride (what we use) and that makes a mess of everything. Definitely wash my car after that crap gets put down on the roads. And it makes my all weather mats look like hell.

I just don't see the point of carpet mats really. In the summer, plenty of opportunity for rain and dirt and mud to still get in. Would rather that all go on an all weather mat. I don't know what you are classifying as a "summer" mat. I am assuming carpet mats.

I do typically leave my weather techs in year round. Just take them out to hose them down and clean them a couple times a year.

I switched out my "Canadian" heavy duty mats for the stock mats for the summer. The heavy duty mats cover up the dead pedal which I want to show off. The heavy duty mats did wash up nicely with a quick rinse.

Back