VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: College Student First Car Build

Registered Member

lolmsp

03 MSP, 03 P5

Registered Member

lolmsp

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

After a long hiatus on the forum and working on cars I am gonna try to get the wagon "back on the road" this week. Ordered Spal 2" thick fans this morning. I say "back on the road" cause the car is still drivable NA slow as hell. I drove it up from VA Beach to Fredericksburg and a older golf passed me on 95. So being bored and halfway thru the drive, I dropped it into 3rd and "boosted" past him. It was interesting, the turbo makes all the noise in the world but I have 0 boost lol

The new engine from DP is in storage, and I hope to start collecting the parts for that around winter. The turbo is shot. When I busted the radiator I couldn't fit the intercooler piping back on and the turbo shot oil all over the hood, but a minor setback. Hoping in the next few weeks to be a boosted boi again, maybe get the gauges wired up (I have to order the gauge surround gauge pod and that has a 5 week lead time) and a few other things here and there.
    2003 Sunburst Yellow Mazda Protege5
    Follow my instagram @another_yellowp5

Mods List
    Interior
    - JVC head unit
    -Sound Ordinance Sub woofer
    Exterior
    -WeatherTech Rain Guards
    Performance
    -HKS axle back
    -MP3 Flashed ECU (removed)
    -MazdaSpeed Protege Turbo kit
    -Tein S tech springs
    -KYB Struts
    -MSP Rear Sway Bar
    -CR3 Relocation Brackets
    -FMIC kit

Registered Member

2002 Protege 5/ Manual transmission

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...=1#post6657000

Gabe, I recall you asking for one of these!
    Here is the direct link. It was posted by o.g.sk8er!

https://spoilerking.net/product.sc?p...categoryId=379

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by caldep105 View Post
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...=1#post6657000

Gabe, I recall you asking for one of these!
    Here is the direct link. It was posted by o.g.sk8er!

https://spoilerking.net/product.sc?p...categoryId=379
    I came across that on facebook a few weeks ago! I like the side profile, not a huge fan of the back. Im hoping my friend gets one so I can see how it looks before i buy one
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Well, short-lived glory lol I managed to wreck the motorcycle Wednesday and broke my elbow. Although I can move it way more than a few days ago, I cant put any pressure on it and for some odd reason, my fiance won't install the fan for me with me telling her what to do *rolls eyes*. But I'm hoping to have full movement back in about a week or so so maybe next weekend I can attempt to be a boosted boi again.

Registered Member STudMUffin1177's Avatar

Mazda protege5

Damn man sorry about your elbow, is the bike totaled beyond repair? Hope it heals up quick so you can finish your turbo build!��

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by STudMUffin1177 View Post
    Damn man sorry about your elbow, is the bike totaled beyond repair? Hope it heals up quick so you can finish your turbo build!**
    Believe it or not, the bike ended up completely fine! Scratched what was left of the fairings and broke the foot peg but I got the foot peg today and a helmet and whatnot yesterday. Hoping to fix the car and bike this week!

Registered Member

lolmsp

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe710 View Post
    Believe it or not, the bike ended up completely fine! Scratched what was left of the fairings and broke the foot peg but I got the foot peg today and a helmet and whatnot yesterday. Hoping to fix the car and bike this week!
    car first for cars and coffee pls

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    car first for cars and coffee pls
    I'm sure I have no choice at this point. You know where I moved to and might come by and kidnap me and force me to work on the car at this point

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Well, it's been a while since I've wrenched on the wagon but 323 is basically forcing me to at this point to make cars and coffee Williamsburg next Saturday. Even Naoto got his Protege back together so there's no excuse lol So yesterday I pulled the radiator (I missed the drain pan completely. I underestimated how far back the rad sat back over stock and coolant poured all over the oil pan and went everywhere *shrugs*. No issues other than that pulling the rad. Got the shroud off today (might make for sale might complain to Mishi and try to get my money back might throw it off a cliff. Undecided at this point) Spal fans fit so nicely. I got their mounting hardware but it won't work so I went to Lowe's and got a few L brackets. Unfortunately I don't live 10 minutes from Phillip anymore so I have to drive about 45 minutes to borrow my friend's angle grinder. Hopefully heading out there tomorrow to chop down everything and hope to have the rad back in Sunday if all goes well.

I am worried about the rag that I accidentally sucked into the intercooler piping. I can't reach it with my hands, tried with a hanger and had no luck. So I'm probably going to have to remove the last piece of piping before the intercooler on the hot pipe side which I hope I can get off without jacking the car up cause there's no way in hell I can lift my jack with my arm still tweaked lol

Also, another shoutout to 323 for letting me borrow his plugs and wires cause mine are in a situation right now lol he even left a little gift on them for me
    Last edited by Gabe710; 09-13-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

It's funny how more often than not, other people are the reason we get assed to work on our cars :^)

Cars and Coffee's going to be great. No one has a Protege, so you guys are going to stand out.

How did you suck a rag into your intercooler piping? That sounds rough. What you could do is get an old busted guitar string and fray the end. You can push the string easily through your intercooler, and then have the frayed end-wires grab on to the rag. Should be easy on the arm.

Hope your arm heals up well!
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX 4-1 Headers ■ MP3 ECU ■ VTCS-less Intake Manifold ■ Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator + Fan Shroud
    ■ AWR Trailing Arms

Registered Member

2001 Mazda SP20 323

It's scientifically proven that boost rags are, in fact, good for the engine and increase both BWWAAAH and TSUTSUTSU when sucked in through a turbo

Hope you get it out, stuck rags are no fun!

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Riot_Polizei View Post
    It's funny how more often than not, other people are the reason we get assed to work on our cars :^)

Cars and Coffee's going to be great. No one has a Protege, so you guys are going to stand out.

How did you suck a rag into your intercooler piping? That sounds rough. What you could do is get an old busted guitar string and fray the end. You can push the string easily through your intercooler, and then have the frayed end-wires grab on to the rag. Should be easy on the arm.

Hope your arm heals up well!
    So far its gonna be 3 of us. I wish I had a little more time cause I want to get a few more things done but all in time lol

The rag got sucked into it months ago when I busted the radiator. The intercooler piping wouldn't fit so I just disconnected 2/3 pipes that went down to the intercooler and drove the car maybe half a mile so I could park it cause I had to go home. Well fast forward about a week, working an 11 hour shift with and it being dark and me talking to my old coworker/friend and not thinking I started the car to add/bleed the coolant. As soon as I started the car I heard FLOOP and it started to run like absolute shit lmao I started to panic cause the car stalled and then wouldn't restart. Then I realized my mistake and just disconnected another pipe on the cold side. I've driven this car unfiltered more than I'd like to admit since the turbo install lol

Guitar trick might work but I don't have any strings. I looked underneath the car today and there's a coupler facing down I can reach. It's like I knew I'd need to remove it one day lol

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by LankyKiwi View Post
    It's scientifically proven that boost rags are, in fact, good for the engine and increase both BWWAAAH and TSUTSUTSU when sucked in through a turbo

Hope you get it out, stuck rags are no fun!
    It's for more clean air. Nothing like running your air through a filter and then a rag LOL

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031