College Student First Car Build

Wow! I definitely lucked out with the rust. I only have a few spots here and there, calibers are rusted to all hell but overall not bad for a car that has been in Virginia its whole life.
Now the rest of my paint... thats another story

A lot of people have been asking this! It was honestly a no name $50 camera my girlfriend got off of amazon that they no longer sell. Im buying one for my car this week, as a $50 investment has saved us from who knows how much. Im probably going to get the first one on amazon when you search dash cam
As for mounting, shes not particular so its in the middle of her windshield and she just uses one of the cig outlets in her car. But I cant stand stuff on my windshield. When I drive her car I dont notice it, but mine is gonna have to go behind the mirror and have the cable routed under and behind the dash

cool. share link me with whatever you get so i can check it out.

Looks like a nice unit. Let me know how you like it. Also, wonder how you would wire it up to the car or to a switch for power instead of using the cig lighter. And Im curious if that suction cup can withstand solid motor mounts lol

That HKS exhaust has a nice sound to it! It does kind of remind me of an Impreza's lumpy idle note.

Wonder how it'll sound with a header + high flow cat?

That HKS exhaust has a nice sound to it! It does kind of remind me of an Impreza's lumpy idle note.

Wonder how it'll sound with a header + high flow cat?

Youll find out if I can get my hands on some [emoji6]
I thought the HKS was a complete system until I got it and learned it was an axel back. Im trying to find 4-2-1 headers but seems I cant find any. I might go the 626 or probe route and get a friend to weld on the 02 bungs and relocate the hanger.

You*ll find out if I can get my hands on some [emoji6]
I thought the HKS was a complete system until I got it and learned it was an axel back. I*m trying to find 4-2-1 headers but seems I can*t find any. I might go the 626 or probe route and get a friend to weld on the 02 bungs and relocate the hanger.

If you do go the 626/Probe 4-2-1 reweld route, do the community a favor and dyno it before and after! In all the forums searches I've conducted to find official results, I've either found butt-dyno accounts or broken images.

I intend on doing a before/after dyno if and when I get the OBX header. For now, I'll just hope I can clean out all that excess gunk from my engine with these treatments I've been doing.

If you do go the 626/Probe 4-2-1 reweld route, do the community a favor and dyno it before and after! In all the forums searches I've conducted to find official results, I've either found butt-dyno accounts or broken images.

I intend on doing a before/after dyno if and when I get the OBX header. For now, I'll just hope I can clean out all that excess gunk from my engine with these treatments I've been doing.

Ill keep it in mind! Ive been wanting to get it on a dyno and do some 0-60 pulls. I know the protege5 aint the fastest thing in the world, but mine feels way more sluggish after the timing belt replacement. Id also be curious as to the power loses from 240k miles lmao
I also got some sea foam for mine. Only running it in the tank as of now cause Im about 2k miles from an oil change and am also weary of the whole destroying my car
I never put synthetic in my truck and did once cause they were running a sale. Had a guy tell me he thinks the synthetic mightve cleaned the gunk that was keeping the rear main from leaking. But who knows

Haven't been on here in a few days, hell, I haven't even been driving the car that much. We ended up with a 4 door Jeep Wrangler rental and I've been driving that thing everywhere. Although I've driven (and hated it) before, I can say that driving it for a few days has completely changed my opinion. Guess I cant form an opinion driving some no more than 10 miles in traffic lol
But my friend Kyleigh got this picture the other day in my hometown when I went to one of the local Honda meets they have at a carwash. Love the pic and the car!
der6byd.jpg

That really is a neat picture! I need to get a nicer camera...

Thanks man! believe it or not that was an iPhone 7 or 8 with some app. Every picture I take is with an iPhone X (but snapchat ruins the quality). I got some jeep videos from us taking it to the Outer Banks and it looks amazing!

Thanks man! believe it or not that was an iPhone 7 or 8 with some app. Every picture I take is with an iPhone X (but snapchat ruins the quality). I got some jeep videos from us taking it to the Outer Banks and it looks amazing!

That probably explains it: the iPhone. Those have pretty good cameras. My phone, which I take pictures with, consistently makes the scenes I attempt to capture look like fried assholes.

I guess I got a couple months of work ahead of me before I can spend money for fun :^[ (with the exception of the time attack I compete in...that's a mainstay regardless of budget).

As weird as it has been, I haven't been driving the P5 (minus 2 trips to NOVA). My commute to work is literally 8 miles round trip and when I get off my girlfriend and I usually take her vehicle (traffic gets bad around here and I don't feel like driving manual after I drive home). But I've been toying with the idea of selling the R6 buying a MSP. I want a forced induction car so bad and need something a little quicker to drive around. The P5 makes a lot of noise and I look down after rowing through a few gears and look down and I'm doing 65 MPH lol I never take the bike out, I'm sure I've put like 30 miles on it in the last 4 months. It's a hassle to get down from my apartment and people almost run me over EVERYTIME I take it out, so the desire to ride is next to none. And to top it off, I was doing about 120 down the highway racing a Mercedes S550 and he was keeping up (I also let off at 120 cause it turns out my bike does NOT like not having fairings and doing anything over 110), but after I got off of it i had to exit in a mile anyway so I got over, slowed down, got into the exit lane and pulled in the clutch to get it into neutral and the bike shut off at about 80 MPH. So I got over, coasted and tried to restart it. Eventually limped it home and it sat again for about 3 weeks before I decided to get it to a motorcycle tech that I work with. Needless to say, riding a motorcycle that stalls every time you pull in the clutch on busy roads in traffic is never something I want to do again. I literally was bump starting it with every gear change. He's looking at it now but I'm tempted to get it running and selling it. But my gf knows I'll regret it as soon as I do but I also don't ride it. But who knows.
It still has damage from it being stolen and I don't want to spend the money fixing the cosmetic but I know whoever looks to buy it will give me s*** for the damage (just a hole in the fairing and one needs to be replaced). I don't know, just toying with the idea. I wanted a bike so bad, but now I got one it's been "eh that's it?"
vEM6Pw8.jpg

vsNJMU5.jpg

1uohkQX.jpg

These were taken before she was stolen, she was so pretty lmao

don't get the msp if it's a lot of speed you're after lol. its peppy and a great all around car but making it fast costs $$$$

don't get the msp if it's a lot of speed you're after lol. its peppy and a great all around car but making it fast costs $$$$

Not looking for something as fast as the R6 just a lil quicker than the P5 and truck. I just wanna be able to drop a few gears and actually get outta my own way lol

I really think I just want a boosted car. These Cooper S are nice and quick (and the BOV and flutter is beautiful). And in sport mode when you let off and the RPMs are dropping it pops its ass off. I'm sure I just wanna expirence it daily

Last edited:
Not looking for something as fast as the R6 just a lil quicker than the P5 and truck. I just wanna be able to drop a few gears and actually get outta my own way lol

I really think I just want a boosted car. These Cooper S are nice and quick (and the BOV and flutter is beautiful). And in sport mode when you let off and the RPMs are dropping it pops its ass off. I'm sure I just wanna expirence it daily

Can I interest you in a Msp Turbo setup for cheap?

Well, just as I was telling friends and coworkers how well and reliable my 237k mile P5 has been, I get this beauty in the corner of my eye as soon as I start driving home.
iXPzBGX.jpg

I'm hoping it is the vacuum leak I was telling a coworker that I'm surprised it hasn't sent a code but I won't be able to tell until I locate my scanner (the Mrs. moved it cause "I have too much s*** in too many places". Doesn't help that there are motorcycle and car parts all over the apartment, aka I need a garage). Hoping it is either a vacuum leak or a misfire. I broke the intake when I wrecked the car and can hear a vacuum leak. Spent $150 fixing the bike and the car breaks lmao this is why I stopped fixing the truck.

It has been flashing intermittently, it'll flash like 6 times and then be solid and then it'll flash 20+ times and be solid and anywhere in between. Doesn't seem to be running differently so we will see

Back