College Student First Car Build

Have you got a link to that wiper stock or is it a trip to the pick and pull ?
IIRC you can get one off an MPV. Do you know what years ?

Have you got a link to that wiper stock or is it a trip to the pick and pull ?
IIRC you can get one off an MPV. Do you know what years ?

I bought the last one from the eBay seller I used, but there are others.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
I believe it is 2001-2006 tribute/escape, later model MPVs, and first gen Mazda 6 wagons for the ones with the rear wiper. The RX-8 and 6 have the intermittent stalks without the rear ones. They're typically on eBay for $20. I just do that instead of dealing with junkyards.

Thanks for the link but that one comes to over $53 with shipping. My car's not worth it.

I will keep an eye on eBay though and maybe take a trip to the local wreckers.

I'll keep a list of suitable vehicles in my wallet.

Thanks for the link but that one comes to over $53 with shipping. My car's not worth it.

I will keep an eye on eBay though and maybe take a trip to the local wreckers.

I'll keep a list of suitable vehicles in my wallet.

That's crazy. I found this one, which I believe would be around $20 CAD
OAqnUzs.png

Seems I just come here to b**** about the car or update with parts. I recieved the WC Lathe Werks shift knob in yesterday, well worth the wait. Also got my authentic HKS BOV in today. After saying it a lot, hopefully this weekend is it. Trying to finish all my homework now so I have time between work and the bridal show the Mrs. is making me go to

JYitvw9.jpg

WR62QGh.jpg

I'm right there with you man, hope that BOV sets everything straight. Do tell how that shifter feels though, as it's a really pretty piece!

Do you happen to know if this is the right stock ?

I can get it for $37 (plus maybe some tax).
Free shipping from Canada.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you man, hope that BOV sets everything straight. Do tell how that shifter feels though, as it's a really pretty piece!

Gonna need the oil drain redone too, but I'm probably gonna go to rent a lift to do that. As for the shifter, I'm taking it for a test drive on 323's P5 when he gets a sec to see if I wanna install the MSP shifter in my P5. But I will defiently update when I do

The Mazda 5 rear wiper got in today. Hopefully next weekend the weather is a little nicer so I can get the wagon on the road and some smaller things back on the road. Another random post, but might be picking up a 2005 Maxima. Lady traded it into the dealership and they have her $300 for it. So very cheap for me to get. Needs a deep clean, new filters, Ac recharge (I hope), new O2 sensor and it'll be good to go. I don't know what we are gonna do with it tho. Might resell it, might give it to her aunt, might drive it around for a little while.
cOcSxaA.jpg

Well, after smoke testing the car and not being able to figure out where the leak is coming from (on the driver's side of the intake manifold underneath somewhere) I just towed it to 323's friend's shop. No time for these type of things lol I should have dropped it off months ago.

Got my conversions mixed up for a sec. Let me know how much you like it!

I'm really liking it so far but it hasn't rained yet to give it a real test.
I just lifted the wipers off the windshield and tried it.

So now I want to ask for your help again and ask what rear wiper fits our car.
I want to do that mod.

My rear wiper sucks. It misses the top of the glass which is the part I look through and cleans the bottom of the glass really good but I don't look through that part.

I was thinking of replacing the spring to give it more tension to keep the wiper on the glass better but the Mazda 5 wiper might be a better design.

It's the whole arm right ? It just bolts on to the motor shaft ?

Does this look right ??

Yes, it bolts onto the motor. Just need the wiper, arm, and blade. That eBay posting made me panic lol from what Im getting the Mazda 5 and 6 use the same wiper. It does require a little modification to fit the wiper in the back. Just a little material needs to be removed. The how to is the second link!

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123663302-M6-Rear-Wiper-Mod-Pics-Before-and-After

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123643192-HOW-TO-M6-Wagon-Wiper-on-P5

Back