College Student First Car Build

come get

i-M9BKzBv-L.jpg

So had to ghetto hookup my boost gauge with the help from the fiance lol vacuum is around -20 during warm idle but is boosting around 6-8 psi. Right on target, but feels like it falls off to me. Who knows. Car is on the road. Im happy.

You can see the vacuum line coming in thru the window lolz gotta do whatcha gotta do
v9DqA0G.jpg

Put around 330 miles on the car yesterday and trouble free (sorta) about a week ago I downshifted and did a little pull and the CEL popped on after 700 miles. Can't find my code reader so I got my buddy from Autozone to read them. P0421, P0660, and P2006. P0421 is just a cat issue (I'm about 3 minutes away from getting a hacksaw and chopping it off). 0660 and 2006 are the usual solenoids, so according to the forum the 2006 is a runner valve issue so I'm gonna test these solenoids soon. Cause both of my cars chew through these every few weeks. The car is running lower boost, which I read is a side effect of the 2006 code.

I ran into some bad luck, I was going to Williamsburg, VA for a job interview and a truck shattered a corner of my windshield on the sedan so now I need 2 windshields lol On my way to VA beach yesterday I realized how bad I flat spotted a tire bad but I drove the wagon as fast as I ever have. Hit about 122 before I got off of it. Idk what the stock speed limiter is but my balls ran out before I could find out lol I also need to look into getting an alternator with more amps or something, when the sub starts booming my lights get to flickerin lol

Got a little surprise goodie I managed to snag off facebook coming tomorrow after work. Will post pics ASAP

VmKrCoo.jpg

picked this up for $150. Just had to drive 3.5 hours each way to get it lolol

I'll get a turbo one day.... maybe...

Daaaamn, that looks nice! What's the condition like? You and Riot can swap notes on restoring carbon fibre lol

Well, it has been a while. I've been chillin (P5 has turned into my daily since sedan needs wheel bearings bad, has a very expired inspection and registration, and I shattered the windshield the day before I went to get it inspected). However I think my turbo is finally on its last leg, boost doesn't pull like it used to. I gotta get a boost gauge on it but it'll still spin tires through 2nd gear (on cold tires but still fun to do every once in a while coming from RWD vehicles). I've also noticed when the CEL is on for the vacuum solenoids it feels like low boost, I have replaced them multiple times on both vehicles and they go bad within a month or 2 so I have no clue what is going on. And I'm starting to get some nasty clunks and squeaks from suspension and some squeaks in the front. I'm working on getting a garage at the apartment which means late-night tinkering on the wagon after I get the sedan on the road legally and maybe some tint. All in all, car is doing great, it just needs a few things ironed out.

" All in all, car is doing great, it just needs a few things ironed out. "

What!!!?!?

If my car did all that, I'd take it out behind the barn and shoot it... Lol

" All in all, car is doing great, it just needs a few things ironed out. "

What!!!?!?

If my car did all that, I'd take it out behind the barn and shoot it... Lol

Hahaha no time to even do that and im outta ammo :/

is that an rx8 i spot in the background tho

Yeah, it's the neighbors RX8.
It's a rusty piece of crap too.
And I think it needs an engine rebuild or replacement too.
It's been sitting for years.

Yeah, it's the neighbors RX8.
It's a rusty piece of crap too.
And I think it needs an engine rebuild or replacement too.
It's been sitting for years.
Its a rotary, it probably needs an engine lmao no one takes care of them properly

Well, after a month of sitting I finally got the motivation to fix coupler that popped off. I also got some goodies in for the P5. *wink wink* I need a new turbo and manifold though. Mine is starting to shoot soot onto the hood and look horrible. New garage=new adventures.

SrheOJf.jpg

Reactions: 323
this is how life works. i'm almost positive once you get a good turbo, i won't need mine anymore lol

Back