College Student First Car Build

I bought a set of 1"JIS bits thinking I could use them in really tight spaces or use an extension for more reach.
It's the one on the right. (the one on the left is a Phillips)

It turned out that the bit holder was too "fat" and got in the way preventing me from getting the bit to fit square in some screws.

So I bought a pair of #2 JIS 4" double ended bits.

I can always cut one in half if I need a shorter bit.

I'm wondering what I'll be in for if I ever have to get my EGR or IAC off.
I've got lots of options now.

I also bought a 1/2" - 1/4" impact Hex adaptor for my impact driver so I can use normal sized bits with it.

Small rant time:
So, I've heard about the s*** quality of Mishimoto, but the FMIC worked out so well I thought **** it, the radiator should be just fine. So, as I am assembling it tonight half of the holes (3/6) wouldn't line up. So, there are 3 screws holding it in and 1 more that I forced in. Looked at the bottom which uses screws and nuts to hold it in, but there is A. no room for anyone to put the nuts in and B. there's no way in hell the holes will line up. They are going in tomorrow, hopefully I can get the piping pushed back and then the install goes in smoothly.
KvJJokN.jpg

3ddXMzp.jpg

Last edited:
I was worried that the regular screwdiver would be too long to fit in and remove the screws from the IAC. (if I ever need to do that)

(I remember now that the EGR needs a stubby 1/4" drive socket handle. It's got bolts not screws.)

I had to get a stubby ratchet in order to remotely reach the EGR bolts. I think one can be reached with a normal sized one but easier with the stubby

Time to widen the holes and eat pizza

Get yourself one of these.

It's a 1/8" Carbide dome bit.

It grinds though everything and almost never wears out.

My friend gave it to me (he's a tool maker) and it's pretty much all I ever use now.

I even drilled it through the case so I don't have to remove it from the chuck all rhe time.

Then get one of these. lol

Get yourself one of these.

It's a 1/8" Carbide dome bit.

It grinds though everything and almost never wears out.

My friend gave it to me (he's a tool maker) and it's pretty much all I ever use now.

I even drilled it through the case so I don't have to remove it from the chuck all rhe time.

Then get one of these. lol

HAHA I was actually considering picking up a dremel or similar.
But pineapple does NOT belong on pizza

Any cheap rotory tool will work but you want to get good bits.

Go for solid carbide not just coated.
Once the coating wears off they are garbage.

Pineapple not only belongs on the Hawaiian pizza but it needs a can of Mandarin oranges too !!!
Mmmm...

I did see a chocolate pizza at Walmart too but I don't think I want to try that.

Last edited:
Good lord, you Canadians are wild. Pineapple is one thing, but oranges? Isn't pizza more of an American thing? Pizza Beer and Wings with huge guts?

Well, I got the rad in and surprise, nothing fits. Radiator took some finagling around to get in (I think that was caused by the accident so that is my fault.) but the shroud has a massive gap on one side. How something this expensive can be this bad is beyond me. I'm very irritated as I worked 11 hours on 3 hours of sleep and worked on the P5 for 3 hours. I left the house at 6:45 am and got home around 10. The intercooler piping won't fit whatsoever. So, I might put some money aside and order some 2in piping to see if that helps but I am very serious and very close to turning the car back to NA. I'm sure I have put on no more than 1000 miles since the turbo and that was 6 months ago. The car went from my DD to DPSH (Daily parking spot holder). Turning it back NA won't be hard. Just run most of the lines into each other, cap off others and then cap off the FMIC and make the current intake a cold air intake. The NA parts won't sell, and I've long given up on them even selling. Had a few "Serious buyers" contact me, made me spend a s*** ton of money on shipping supplies to never message me back. I tried to be a good guy and have the parts requested shipped out the next morning, but now I know save my $50 or whatever and wait until I have payment. Anyway, car is still stuck at work, I didn't even bother putting coolant in it cause I don't know what I want to do with it. and to top everything off, the bolts I ordered to get the bike back together won't be here until next week, completely ruining my plans of attending the last Memorial Day run where a bunch of bikers ride up to DC.

Diary managed to catch me in a very cranky mood, so it*s time for bed.

Sorry for anyone who actually sat through and read this. I just use it as a diary that people have the option to read more than anything at this point

Sorry things have been so rough. I've been "done" with my P5 enough times to know that pain!

Honestly, in my opinion, going back to N/A will not only save your engine, but save yourself some major headaches. The FS-DE was not a fair recipient of the turbo, and the amount of mods one must dump in to make it run properly and consistently is annoying.

It won't be fast, but you can at least make it corner with the best of them. Trust me on that one...I'm in a racing class stacked with Miatas, CRXs and Civics, and I beat at least half of them on crappy S-Drives each event!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

gabe's engine seems pretty healthy. it's just he keeps running into dumb situations where things don't it like they should. once he gets it all sorted out he should be good to go. but you're right it'll never be a super duper reliable car when it's super fast lol. aim lower and enjoy.

Modding cars is a pain brother. Just stick with it. Don*t un-turbo your car. Unfortunately Mishimoto is really just an eBay type brand. But there shouldn*t be a gap on the shroud, I know this because I have the same setup as you. Send me some pics of what*s going on. You want to go with 2* piping- that*s fine and theoretically will spool the the turbo quicker. I might have spare pies(pieces) laying around- depending on what you need

Last edited:
bruh, if you got spare pies laying around you need to send me some too. this guy will eventually get his problems sorted out. his apartment life isn't helping his situation lol.

Damn man, one thing after the next. I've never been one for turbos but your are so close to finishing and from what I gathered on a short ride in a turbo p5, you'll love that extra turbo tug the car just pulls so much better. You got this man keep at it 🖒

lol aftermarket s*** usually has fitment problems unfortunately. gotta custom fix everything (sleep)

Back