College Student First Car Build

It's like christmas again with the car parts showing up at my doorstep every day again. Per 323's recommendation I picked up a set of KYB struts (ordered them Tuesday night and did not expect them to be here today). Waiting on my MSP rear sway bar from M. Patrick on fb and my SpicyOrange MP3 flashed ECU to arrive. I still have to find some CR3 relocation brackets and some springs, find a set of wheels and I think I will be done for a while. Minus maybe a turbo, I think I will be done, but time will tell.
Ct2rJMt.jpg

Last edited:
did you get your springs, bump stops, and top hats (if your replacing) yet?

Well, the ECU came in last night. I did not expect it to be so big lol Hopefully I can get it in after work or one day during break next week. I gotta order the bump stops (everytime I talk to 323 I spend money lol), and my LEDs came in, so I have to change those out. The dash lights suck on our cars and has been a complaint since I got the car and drive a lot at night. Will update as stuff gets done! I also need to put some money aside to do an oil change, cause I've done about 4k miles since I got it done. But all in time
y7CiqhW.jpg

Gotta do it properly unless you want to do it twice! I*m not helping the second time btw lol

I have literally everything you want for your car lol. Turbo setup, springs, awr rear motor mount (although harsh vibrations)

Gotta do it properly unless you want to do it twice! I*m not helping the second time btw lol

won't be a second time. I just cleaned up my subwoofer wiring through the cabin 6 months later cause I couldn't bring myself to do it again lol and it was only cause I had to take the passenger side apart to do the ECU

I have literally everything you want for your car lol. Turbo setup, springs, awr rear motor mount (although harsh vibrations)

hmm I'll have to keep that in mind. If I have enough money coming my way I might buy everything I need and an extra engine. How many miles do the springs have on them btw?

Got the MP3 ECU and the dash LED lights in. My butt dyno and Mid-grade gas feel an improvement. LEDs are messed up but I didn't feel like messing with it again, so I will tomorrow after work.
I'm hoping to burn that gas out of the car by the end of this week so I can put in a tank of premium and go from there. As I said, it definitely feels way smoother all the way up to redline.

I have an extra engine too lmao and transmission(lsd or non).

Im not sure on the springs. I bought them on another car and I had them powder coated. If taken care of theyre not usually an item to replace.

ill get back to you on the springs in a little while. Need to recoup a little money beforehand lol

Well, I messed around with the LEDs and finally got them working. Again shoutout to 323 for the solution lol the before and after is such a huge difference and I love it.
esSn43U.jpg
Nfm0BnA.jpg

Dash LEDs are looking gorgeous!

Btw, did you remove the VTCS along with installing the MP3 Ecu?

no, I still have the original intake in the car. 323 sold me another one that I'm eventually going to delete the valves and port and polish, but that's for another day

Well, I have a long drive ahead of me tonight and my low fuel light finally came on. So first tank of premium will go in there tonight! I also finally got my car inspected as its been dead for about 3 months. It failed for the headlights being too foggy, but after a quick restore kit, I got them to pass. I will probably order new ones in a little while, but I just didn't want the dead sticker anymore. The before and after is astronomical, I had no clue they were that bad.
nVNUR4w.jpg
rtyL5jF.jpg
992uGiE.jpg
P7cXrZW.jpg
xwi8spp.jpg

Well, after much back and forth I have decided to say "**** it" and boost the wagon. I've already ordered a pieced together turbo kit from DP, got a FMIC and oil cooler from Mishimoto and just waiting for everything to arrive. The costs have already exceeded what I thought, but I'm too deep and excited to stop lol I mainly just need fittings and some gauges (gonna run wideband, boost, and oil pressure) This thread is going to be updated a lot rapidly once I start the process of boosting the car.
I tested the compression and got 190-200 in all cylinders, so a part of me wants to just leave it until I graduate, but I know I'm not gonna be able to leave all those parts sitting in my room lol
SpicyOrange Flashed ECU might be up for sale once its boosted, will make a true FS post if I decide to, unless someone here wants it

Back