Anyone own a Dash Mat?

:
Carless
I was driving around today and noticed i have tons of dust particles on my dash. I never noticed this on my old car as it had a dash mat on it when i purchased it used.

The brand I believe was Dash Designs but I wanted to get some opinions on brand and more importantly the cover. I want the dash mat to sit behind the infotainment and not wrap around it.

Behind infotainment:
http://a.co/6kDboZB

Around Infotainment:
Look in the middle picture under description
https://www.autosportcatalog.com/products/custom-fit-sedona-suede-dash-covers.html

Has anyone bought a brand and can they comment how they like it? Also, if you have the GT w PP were you able to easily get one with a cut for the heads up display?

I liken this issue to having carpet vs hardwood at home. Ever see what is under the carpet when removed?

The dashpad is just collecting the same dust you see on the dash. But instead of wiping it off, it just keeps collecting in the dash pad.

Those might be the ugliest things I've ever seen in a car. I will hunt you down, rip those out of your car and burn them if you buy them.

How do you really feel... Lol. The last time I saw one of those was on my old college buddies beat up Toyota pickup. It looked better than all the cracks on the dash pad.

It looked better than all the cracks on the dash pad.

Well that just means he didn't take care of his dash to begin with :p

To the OP. I mean you could go the dash mat route if you really want, but that doesn't mean you aren't still getting all the dust. But since it all goes to the mat, you are just carrying it around with you as I assume those mats don't ever get cleaned.

Just like you have to dust your furniture in the house, a car is no different. The difference is that it takes all of a minute to dust the dash on the car and can easily be done as part of your car washing routine. It's clean and you aren't carrying all that dust around with you. No reason to uglify a car for something that takes all of a minute to do periodically. Just my (2cents)

Last edited:
No, you'll just have to shake that carpet thing out once a week.

No it sits there. I had one on my accord for 4 years and never took it off the dash and never had to dust the dash
What he is saying is that the mat does collect all the dust, so you will still want to shake it out or something.

Back