LED turn signals for 2017-2018 CX5

:
2016 CX-9 GT AWD
As far as I'm aware, the turn signals in the GT trim of 2017-18 CX5s are using incandescent or halogen bulbs for the turn signal and I was wondering if anyone had any luck replacing with LEDs. Was it hard to get to them and did you have to put any sort of control box between them or was it plug and play?

On a side note, it looks like the 2018 Mazda6 nailed the turn signals--they're the "beam" type of light that rests above the headlight themselves. This is how I wish they did it with the second gen cx5s.

The new '18 Mazda6 (upper trim level) has integrated headlight that contains LED signal and fog light, all in one piece.

Mazda probably will incorporate something like that for 2019. Just like Mazda took the HUD from the 6 and now the CX5 has it.

It's how the game is played. Mazda adds more features each year to appeal to buyers so the former year model doesn't have the best of the best stuff anymore. One has to buy a new model to get the best toys and options.

That said, the 2017-2018 CX5 has LED turn signals in the mirrors and halogen bulbs for the fronts and backs but even so, the amber halogen are quite bright and work well.

As far as I'm aware, the turn signals in the GT trim of 2017-18 CX5s are using incandescent or halogen bulbs for the turn signal and I was wondering if anyone had any luck replacing with LEDs. Was it hard to get to them and did you have to put any sort of control box between them or was it plug and play?

On a side note, it looks like the 2018 Mazda6 nailed the turn signals--they're the "beam" type of light that rests above the headlight themselves. This is how I wish they did it with the second gen cx5s.

Pipemajor changed the turn signals to led.

Have a look at their post here

I've changed mine to LEDs but ended back using the stock ones. For the rear it was really bright since I used the projector type LED bulbs and the front didn't make much of a difference and I actually feel halogens were brighter up front.

I've changed mine to LEDs but ended back using the stock ones. For the rear it was really bright since I used the projector type LED bulbs and the front didn't make much of a difference and I actually feel halogens were brighter up front.

Made no improvement even when looking at it from an angle (uhm)

Made no improvement even when looking at it from an angle (uhm)

Not much. These were the same bulbs I used on my 2014 mazda3 which I saved when I traded it in. It worked really well on that car up front. On the cx5 the halogen worked better up front probably due to the design :/

LEDs in a incandescent bulb's socket might fit, but your blinkers will blink much faster (hyperflash) because the LEDs draw so much less power. You will also need resistors.

The good news is there are choices that come with built-in resistors. Shop around and save yourself some hassle.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Of all the KF CX-5's I've seen here on the road, no one has changed the turn signals to LED.

Seems to do the job I guess

Seems to do the job I guess

so does a Pontiac Aztek but you don't see any of us driving that. :D

Of all the KF CX-5's I've seen here on the road, no one has changed the turn signals to LED.
funny you say that because every time I see a KF, I always look to see if anyone has upgraded the turn signals. I also have yet to see one.
the OE bulbs do a decent job so that's probably why, but I personally always opt for LED bulbs whenever I can. I know on the RX8 I've replaced every turn signal, corner light, and fog light at least two or three times until I finally got the desiered look I was after. I guess I'm just OCD like that...

so does a Pontiac Aztek but you don't see any of us driving that. :D

(lol2) - thank goodness we didn't get that here!

funny you say that because every time I see a KF, I always look to see if anyone has upgraded the turn signals. I also have yet to see one.
the OE bulbs do a decent job so that's probably why, but I personally always opt for LED bulbs whenever I can. I know on the RX8 I've replaced every turn signal, corner light, and fog light at least two or three times until I finally got the desiered look I was after. I guess I'm just OCD like that...

Fair enough :D

I installed the PHILILPS ULTINON L.E.D. 7443A no issues, no resistors and very bright.(wiggle)

Attachments

• 81Pn7vkNnmL._SL1500_.jpg
    81Pn7vkNnmL._SL1500_.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 342
Back