Rear Seat Rattles...

MattGoose

:
CX-9
Does anyone else experience rattling it the rear seat area - I think probably related to the window shades?

Mine has it and the loaner I'm currently driving has it as well.

Anyone track it down yet?

Does anyone else experience rattling it the rear seat area - I think probably related to the window shades?

I've been wrestling with this too.
Mine is the 2nd row seat, passenger side.

When I take a quick look back there, that seat is vibrating like hell. Man, the noise is annoying... almost as annoying as a politician.

I have to physically separate the seat from the one beside it with my hand. It makes a small gap where the "40%" seat rubs against the flipped up center armrest. The so-called "fix" will last a couple of days then return.

Also, if the hanging seat belt gets twisted, the buckle will bang against that seat causing even more mayhem. That happened this morning, I had to pull over and deal with that.

I may end up putting a small piece of foam in the 60/40 seat gap to try and remedy this then see how it goes. Right now, I've got the problem seat leaned back a little farther than the armrest and see how that goes.

I didn't have this issue the first 2k miles or so.

I've been wrestling with this too.
Mine is the 2nd row seat, passenger side.

When I take a quick look back there, that seat is vibrating like hell. Man, the noise is annoying... almost as annoying as a politician.

I have to physically separate the seat from the one beside it with my hand. It makes a small gap where the "40%" seat rubs against the flipped up center armrest. The so-called "fix" will last a couple of days then return.

Also, if the hanging seat belt gets twisted, the buckle will bang against that seat causing even more mayhem. That happened this morning, I had to pull over and deal with that.

I may end up putting a small piece of foam in the 60/40 seat gap to try and remedy this then see how it goes. Right now, I've got the problem seat leaned back a little farther than the armrest and see how that goes.

I didn't have this issue the first 2k miles or so.

Wait - the seat rattles?!?!

Are there two pieces of plastic there to bang together? I've been assuming it came from the window shades but despite banging on the door a lot haven't been able to reproduce....

Now you've opened me to a whole new world of noise possibilities :)

Going to have to make my wife ride around in the back and see where on earth it is coming from....

Wait - the seat rattles?!?!

Are there two pieces of plastic there to bang together? I've been assuming it came from the window shades but despite banging on the door a lot haven't been able to reproduce....

Now you've opened me to a whole new world of noise possibilities :)

Going to have to make my wife ride around in the back and see where on earth it is coming from....

There's no plastic... in my car the leather in the "60/40" gap rubs against the seat next to it. That's what's causing mine.

Mine 2016 has a rear seat rattle. I determined it to be the center arm rest rubbing while driving, do I have it lowered all the time. The other issue I discovered was a squeaky sound coming from the second row. I did some troubleshooting and determined it was the rubber weather strip on the doors and windows. When the car is going over slight imperfections it would rub and make the squeaky sound. I remedied it by putting some Gummi Pledge on it. It works for about a month and then I have to reapply.

I have the 2022 cx5 and it still rattles

Back