front blinker replacement help

Anonymous MD

:
2016 mazda cx 5
so now at 40,000 mile nothin but trouble with this car . now the font blinker keeps blinking and will not turn off. i do not have the car with me and my x does not know how to get to the binker bulb to replace it . can anyone make a quick video or explain how to her how to change it out . its been a while and i dont remember without seeing it . she is trying to swap everything back to stock and get rid o the car . thanks !!!

The best instruction with detailed illustration replacing the front turn signal bulb is in your owner's manual.

shes a girl lol { joking } . she said she cant see where it is or reach it or something . i know i did it ez just figured maby a pic ro video could help her do it fast . she has to take it to a shop and the shop will blame all the problems on the switchbacks . they have done that with a couple different cars in the past .

yea we are having a lot of problems with the car . why she is trying to put them back to stock . the car wont turn on some time wont turn off some times . loses signal to the break system . all kinds of issues .

what else is non stock about the car? sounds like the issue w/ blinker was user error given you installed switchbacks as part of the led turn signal installation. sad to see you're having these problems though.

what else is non stock about the car? sounds like the issue w/ blinker was user error given you installed switchbacks as part of the led turn signal installation.

Agreed. Honestly this is the first I have seen anyone post about turn signals not turning off.

Does switchback just refer to dual color, or is there something else?

Does switchback just refer to dual color, or is there something else?

As far as I have found switchback just refers to dual color - amber when signal is on - white when running light is on. The front signal lamps on the 2016-19 CX-5s are impossible to get at.

I run switch backs, and I installed them myself. You have to wire tap them into the existing running light and blinker light circuit for them to function correctly. You also have to wire in a resistor ( I don't think OP uses resistors, I haven't looked but if we have a magnetic blinker relay that's a bad move). Poor method or something could easily cause a problem. You've done a lot of aftermarket wiring and you have having electrical issues now.. probably burned something up. Could be a bad main fuse on the power tap or a burned ground wire from the tap since you say the car won't turn on sometimes.

Back