Dealer refuses to Update

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
I have a 2016 CX-9 Signature.

Asked my dealer to update the InfoTainment system last summer and he told me to hold off. A few random reboots and especially when navigating through downtown cities, with the full 3D buildings, the system seems to reboot more often.

I asked again last week and he told me to hold off another month as Mazda is having problems with their software.

Currently I have:
OS Version 58.00.250 NA N
Music Database version 00.05.000
Fail-Safe Version is 58.00.250

Anyone else getting pushback from their dealer about updating because of Mazda issues? This should be covered under warranty right? How long does it take, an hour at most?

Would appreciate what others have experienced.

Thanks

My 2017 6 came delivered with version ending in 502. It has been rock solid.
Maybe you can somehow update it to that version, especially if the later one(s) are troublesome.
Not sure how that would be done, but it might not hurt to ask.

Maybe send email to corporate customer service? State you have brought your concern to dealership multiple times but always get brushed off.

I'll give him one more month. Then I'll ask for specifics and details as to his hesitance.

Also I haven't been here on this forum a while and glad I found out that Mazda's Gracenote database link downloads the NON North American version which would always fail when I tried to update.

Just got the NA version, updated, and at least that's current.

Cheers

I'll give him one more month. Then I'll ask for specifics and details as to his hesitance.

Also I haven't been here on this forum a while and glad I found out that Mazda's Gracenote database link downloads the NON North American version which would always fail when I tried to update.

Just got the NA version, updated, and at least that's current.

Cheers

If he's being honest, and the update still has bugs, you are going to be back for another update again anyway. I'd see if you can swing something out of it--a loaner for the service when you do bring it in (it the dealer doesn't already offer them), free wiper blade replacement, a Mazda coffee mug from the parts dept?

What dealership are you going to? The dealer in Shrewsbury updated mine when I had warranty work done a few months ago. Maybe something has changed?

Warranty work is not as profitable as regular repair work. Usually dealership would squeeze in warranty work to fill in slow days. When they are fully booked, they will make excuses to turn you away.

What dealership are you going to? The dealer in Shrewsbury updated mine when I had warranty work done a few months ago. Maybe something has changed?

Yes, Sentry. Jim the Service Manager said NO

Otherwise they're pretty good.

Yes, Sentry. Jim the Service Manager said NO

Otherwise they're pretty good.

Bummer. I had issues with him with my old car, but this time he was better. I'll check my software version as well.

Did you get my PM?

Back