ABS light comes on above 110MPH

:
2002 Protegé5
So as the title says, if I get above 110 in my car, my ABS alight comes on, but stays off after I clear the code if I dont get up to that speed. Is this normal in our cars?

I don't have ABS but the motor starts banging on the speed limiter around 115mph

There's some sort of rev limiter too.
When I got my parts car, I put it upon blocks then started it and tromped it in neutral (just for s**** and giggles... I wanted to see if it would blow up)

At about 7,500 RPMs the engine would cut out.

There’s a speed governer??
I have sport auto so I'm not sure of rpm differences at top speed being close to or at redline compared to manual trans, but the mine was not at redline at about 115mph when it started cutting out. Car had some left too, it got to that effortlessly. But I don't need it to be doing that...................hardly ever.

Last edited:
Either way,...
Tell us what code you're throwing !!

I'm Curious !!

Last edited:
You may be throwing a space/time continuum code !!

You may need a new Flux Capacitor !!

The light isnt on cause I cleared everything with a reader that doesnt do ABS codes, but still clears them

The light isn’t on cause I cleared everything with a reader that doesn’t do ABS codes, but still clears them

If you were to read the codes before you rubbed them you may be able to find your problem...
Short your TBS terminal to ground and your ABS light will pulse out your fault code...

Anything past 88 MPH is overkill; as long as you have 1.21 GW available...

Anything past 50 km/hr over the speed limit is stunt driving in my province.

That'll cost you up to $10,000 in fines insurance and jail time and impoundment of your car for a week ....

I didn't know my car would go that fast...

I don't care to know...

Last edited:
Anything past 50 km/hr over the speed limit is stunt driving in my province.

That'll cost you up to $10,000 in fines insurance and jail time and impoundment of your car for a week ....

I didn't know my car would go that fast...

I don't care to know...

I'm with you there. Most states if you're pulled over doing 110 you're going straight to jail, do not pass GO and do not collect $200.

I just don't speed. It's not worth the ticket and the insurance hike to get somewhere 5 minutes faster. I'm not in that big of a hurry to get anywhere... I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in over 20 years. And don't plan to get one anytime in the future either.

I don't speed either. No one "plans" on getting any kind of ticket......knowing when and where you can do s*** is pretty important. We have a toll road that the speed limit = 80 mph. That means you could be caught doing 105 and still be able to take defensive driving. There are also traffic lawyers who get tickets dismissed some magical way for $100 a pop soooooooooooooo.........I haven't paid for a ticket in over 20 yrs and my record has 0 entries. Don't do anything haphazardly is good advice. Know your surroundings and situations beforehand no matter what you're up to.

Last edited:
I don't speed either. No one "plans" on getting any kind of ticket......knowing when and where you can do s*** is pretty important. We have a toll road that the speed limit = 80 mph. That means you could be caught doing 105 and still be able to take defensive driving. There are also traffic lawyers who get tickets dismissed some magical way for $100 a pop soooooooooooooo.........I haven't paid for a ticket in over 20 yrs and my record has 0 entries. Don't do anything haphazardly is good advice. Know your surroundings and situations beforehand no matter what you're up to.

or you could just drive like a responsible adult and not an a$$ hole (dunno)

Back