Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABS light comes on above 110MPH

Registered Member

2003 P5

Anything past 88 MPH is overkill; as long as you have 1.21 GW available...

2002 mazda protege 5

Quote Originally Posted by tlott01 View Post
    Anything past 88 MPH is overkill; as long as you have 1.21 GW available...
    Anything past 50 km/hr over the speed limit is stunt driving in my province.

That'll cost you up to $10,000 in fines insurance and jail time and impoundment of your car for a week ....

I didn't know my car would go that fast...

I don't care to know...
    Last edited by pcb; 04-17-2018 at 01:23 AM.
    The Diagram Dude

Registered Member

protege5

Quote Originally Posted by pcb View Post
    Anything past 50 km/hr over the speed limit is stunt driving in my province.

That'll cost you up to $10,000 in fines insurance and jail time and impoundment of your car for a week ....

I didn't know my car would go that fast...

I don't care to know...
    I'm with you there. Most states if you're pulled over doing 110 you're going straight to jail, do not pass GO and do not collect $200.

I just don't speed. It's not worth the ticket and the insurance hike to get somewhere 5 minutes faster. I'm not in that big of a hurry to get anywhere... I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in over 20 years. And don't plan to get one anytime in the future either.

......................... i12drivemyMP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

323F

I don't speed either. No one "plans" on getting any kind of ticket......knowing when and where you can do shit is pretty important. We have a toll road that the speed limit = 80 mph. That means you could be caught doing 105 and still be able to take defensive driving. There are also traffic lawyers who get tickets dismissed some magical way for $100 a pop soooooooooooooo.........I haven't paid for a ticket in over 20 yrs and my record has 0 entries. Don't do anything haphazardly is good advice. Know your surroundings and situations beforehand no matter what you're up to.
    Last edited by i12drivemyMP5; 04-17-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Registered Member

protege5

Quote Originally Posted by i12drivemyMP5 View Post
    I don't speed either. No one "plans" on getting any kind of ticket......knowing when and where you can do shit is pretty important. We have a toll road that the speed limit = 80 mph. That means you could be caught doing 105 and still be able to take defensive driving. There are also traffic lawyers who get tickets dismissed some magical way for $100 a pop soooooooooooooo.........I haven't paid for a ticket in over 20 yrs and my record has 0 entries. Don't do anything haphazardly is good advice. Know your surroundings and situations beforehand no matter what you're up to.
    or you could just drive like a responsible adult and not an a$$ hole

323F

You'll know when I am acting like an asshole........I'll post up assumption posts like yours. Read the first sentence again. Rest are facts and possibilities. Just because I said my record is clear doesn't mean I'm out getting tkts every week month or year. I had some 35-40 yrs ago before I was a responsible adult so yes, I know the show about keeping shit off the record. How do you know I wasn't on a track exploring my cutoff? You don't. ASSuming doesn't make you smart, it makes you the asshole..........have a smelly brown day and enjoy your pet flies.

Donated: $40

Mazda

lol this thread.

NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

Registered Member

protege5

Quote Originally Posted by i12drivemyMP5 View Post
    You'll know when I am acting like an asshole........I'll post up assumption posts like yours. Read the first sentence again. Rest are facts and possibilities. Just because I said my record is clear doesn't mean I'm out getting tkts every week month or year. I had some 35-40 yrs ago before I was a responsible adult so yes, I know the show about keeping shit off the record. How do you know I wasn't on a track exploring my cutoff? You don't. ASSuming doesn't make you smart, it makes you the asshole..........have a smelly brown day and enjoy your pet flies.
    Who said i was talking about you? Who is doing the assuming here?

Plain and simple. Anybody (short of law enforcement/ems) doing 110mph on a public road is putting other people's lives in danger for their own personal amusement. That by definition is an asshole.

Donated: $40

Mazda

What are you saying? Your motor bangs off the speed limiter at 115
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

323F

Quote Originally Posted by pb4ugotobed View Post
    Who said i was talking about you?
    The first word when quoting me was the word "you" so I'm going with you said you were talking to me.....unless when you say you in response to someone's post you don't mean you, you mean random other people? Nah, not trying to make sense of that. And yeah, doing 110 on city streets or highway full of cars is asshole driving. Nothing I take part in.
    Last edited by i12drivemyMP5; 04-18-2018 at 01:36 PM.

323F

Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    What are you saying? Your motor bangs off the speed limiter at 115
    The one time I had a chance to chk that out, yes above 110 a bit the motor started cutting out. Wasn't a completely straight piece of track so I could only glance. I thought something was breaking until I let off pedal then it was OK. Same thing happened at the Dale Jarrett NASCAR driving thing at Talladega - about 5500 and 175 mph, the governed car started cutting out but that was rev limiter. I wasn't close to redline in the P5 tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12