2017~2024 Updating maps, etc...

clownshoes2

2017 CX-5 GT No Tech - 2023 CX-30 GT NA
:
CX-5
Question for you all...How does one update the system? Does it download automatically? Is there a website I need to log on to? I don't think I have mazda connect.
I have a 2017 GT but without the fancy dancy tech package.

Maps are updated via the Mazda Toolbox app on a PC/Mac - downloads files and updates SD card.

Mazda Connect infotainment system is updated by dealer (the official way). If you have a touchscreen, you have MazdaConnect.

Neither is automatic.

And they update only twice a year. Toolbox will tell you if there's an available update.

Map updates are usually available in Jan and June and are relatively painless and easy to download after installing/using Mazda Toolbox app.

So, do I have to take the SD card out and update it on my PC? Would have been nice if the dealer informed me of this.

Yes, what do you is have your SD card on hand when you launch the Mazda toolbox program, it will first ask you to insert the SD card, then prompt you to log in/sign up an account, after you've logged it will automatically run a backup before running the update. The whole thing is pretty straight forward and takes about less than 15 mins.

That's what I did and there was an update. Would have been nice if the salesman informed me of this.

That's what I did and there was an update. Would have been nice if the salesman informed me of this.

He probably didn't know. Maybe even assumed it was done by the prep guys. Also, I don't think the maps can be updated until the card is locked to the car VIN number. This can't happen until the car is driven a certain number of miles. If you bought the car before the end of Feb, the update was not out yet. But i think the infotainment manual has instructions on map updates...

The maps work fine if updated or not, but will lag behind Google maps no matter how updated they are.

Be happy this is something you can do without visiting the service center.

My salesman's explanation was to "just throw it in the computer".

That's because Mazda really don't have anything to do with map updates. That is the owners responsibility.

Now if you are requesting MZD connect firmware upgrade......

Back