Full tank range, Empty tank warning on a post 2012 model?

:
mazda
If I am on a freeway, what range can I expect - 450?

What kind of indicator do I get on the dash when the tank nears empty?
Any audible sound?

2013 Sport model

We all have different driving habits. My all city nets me 220ish. What you can do to find out for yourself.

Use same gas station, same pump.
fill up to auto stop
drive till needle is at half tank
fill up to auto stop (same pump) and figure out your avg MPG.
Do this 3 times.
Using your lowest avg (to be conservative), multiple by the size of the gas tank (look up in OM).

There's YOUR range per tank.

I get 22-26MPG. I fill up after 270 miles or so.

As usual @silentnoise713 is correct.

I get low gas light, at 50miles of range on the INFO screen and 2 bars left. Nothing audible.

Highest I have ever gotten in the 95K mile driving was 401miles on one tank.

I drove on I-5 from Gilroy (prob I-152 for about 40 miles then on to I-5) to Burbank, 295miles - it took 9.3 gal - 5 more bars of gas left. Full tank at Gilroy. Full tank = 15.9 gal.
3 Adults + bags in the car.

I was impressed by the Tranny performance and the mileage I got 31.38.

The uphill as you approach Los Angeles - I never felt the downshifting of the Tranny! I was impressed by the performance. Wondered if the increased Torque of the car is the key contributing factor?

Yes I did flush the Tranny - it had to be done twice, in a rapid sequence to get rid of the grey color.

Last edited:
You went up grapevine without downshifting ?! That is not possible unless you traveled 50 mph

I travel grapevine daily and car needs to drop down to 3rd or 4th to maintain 75 mph

It’s 6% grade for 5 miles

Last edited:
You went up grapevine without downshifting ?! That is not possible unless you traveled 50 mph

I travel grapevine daily and car needs to drop down to 3rd or 4th to maintain 75 mph

It’s 6% grade for 5 miles

em, I might have done at 65

On the way back, for 352 miles, it took 12.89 gl = 27.35
That is about 13% less though it is a bit longer distance - 55 miles longer due to a visit I made - but mostly freeway.
Return trip appears down the hill for most part.

I did have strong winds on the way down. I used Costco gas all the time.

Any thoughts on the difference on the mileage?

Back