All-Terrain Tires

Reverie74

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Hi guys! I am looking for a set of all-terrain tires for my 2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. I am currently checking out Toyo Tires' Open Country A/T II. Any other suggestions?

Bf has there KO 2s at which are a mean looking tire but might be too aggressive for a suv

I run ko2's. Great tire, but they are heavy (46lbs or so). Mileage will take a 2-3mpg hit. But for trails, its been great. Better grip, more confidence over rocks and obstacles, but just remember it doesnt fix the fact we have open differentials.

I run ko2's. Great tire, but they are heavy (46lbs or so). Mileage will take a 2-3mpg hit. But for trails, its been great. Better grip, more confidence over rocks and obstacles, but just remember it doesnt fix the fact we have open differentials.

What is the size of those KO2's? Surely the bigger they are, the heavier they'll be. I am currently looking for a set of A/T tires but I am still looking in between brands.

Can't go wrong with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. Which coincidently I have a set 245/65/17 with wheels for sale.

Geolandar A/T G015?

We're going to be trying those G015's this fall/winter with a mix of highway, possible light snow, mud, and light offroad (fire road) use. They are 30lbs vs 26 for the stock G91A's that came on our 2016.5 touring.

I've been looking at them. I have a logging road I use that is rough enough to sometimes need more traction than the OEM tires have and much more wet than the Michelin Premier LTXs had.

Last edited:
Here are the Geolandar A/T G015 mounted on MSW Type 22's.

2018-08-27 10.01.04-crop.jpg

So far I'm happy with them, but I've only driven 30 miles or so on the highway; we won't have an opportunity to take them offroad for a few weeks.

How do they feel? Steering response? Noise? Wet traction? Impact harshness?

Extremely happy with them. Wife noted a bit more road noise on certain types of highway pavement, but it never bothered me. We recently put a thousand miles or so on a road trip, a mix of dry & straight highway, dirt/washboard roads, rain, and a hailstorm at ten thousand feet. Granted, I didn't try *all* that hard, but I wasn't able to get them to lose grip through some fairly hard braking and turning as well. I wasn't able to test them directly on ice, but we were both really impressed with the handling on the hailstones (large pea sized) and in the wet.

Back