2017 Touring to 2018 Grand Touring

Why are we assuming all dealers suck at washing cars? My Saab nor Volvo / Mercedes dealer didn't / doesn't.

Just depends on the dealer.

When I was getting my 6 services, the dealer would wash and vacuum it well.

In my opinion more/less moving parts have more likelihood of issues. A good example are the adaptive LED headlights (hopefully this doesn't start another internet fight) but anyhow, they have motors and those could go out and you'll have a costly repair on your hands.

Slightly off topic, but I have those adaptive headlights on my 6, and they are really cool. Hopefully they'll work for a long time.

As for going fully loaded vs. a lower trim level, once you've been there with all the goodies, it's hard to step back.
I cannot see myself driving the 6 without all the goodies. I am very glad I opted for the fully loaded GT with premium and tech. It's a beautiful car.

Slightly off topic, but I have those adaptive headlights on my 6, and they are really cool. Hopefully they'll work for a long time.

As for going fully loaded vs. a lower trim level, once you've been there with all the goodies, it's hard to step back.
I cannot see myself driving the 6 without all the goodies. I am very glad I opted for the fully loaded GT with premium and tech. It's a beautiful car.

AFAIK the motorised version is USA based (uhm) Extract from USA brochure:

314z0aw.jpg

Elsewhere including Australia, we get this version:

orjsls.jpg

I would trade my 16 in for an 18 if it had those lights. I love them that much.
I forget, and I know you've told me before, X: what are you waiting for again?

I would trade my 16 in for an 18 if it had those lights. I love them that much.
I forget, and I know you've told me before, X: what are you waiting for again?

As per my signature :D 2018 update with cylinder deactivation & 360 camera.

Due to be announced soon I believe.

I wouldn't want any of my vehicles washed in an automated car wash

Neither would I. Frankly, any dealer wash is suspect. The ones I see have towels and stuff lying on the ground, brushes and all sorts of stuff that will give anyone shivers.

I wash my own, period.

AFAIK the motorised version is USA based (uhm) Extract from USA brochure:

314z0aw.jpg

Elsewhere including Australia, we get this version:

orjsls.jpg

Yeah, the US version is lame compared to the true Australian European & Asian version. You guys always get the better options like true adaptive headlights, folding mirrors, diesel, etc

Yeah, the US version is lame compared to the true Australian European & Asian version. You guys always get the better options like true adaptive headlights, folding mirrors, diesel, etc

Due to different legislation requirements not to mention different local Mazda HQ decision making

And CD/DVD player、integrated front/rear parking sensors with back-up camera、side-view camera (now 360 view camera)、i-stop、i-ELOOP、rear fog light、etc.

I understand the reason why we can't get much more sophisticated ALH with no moving parts is our DOT/NHTSA keeps shooting down the ALH-alike petitions filed by Audi and Toyota.

At least MNAO finally added one-touch open/close power windows for all doors, and open / close dial control on center dash vents for 2018 CX-5.

That in its self would induce me to change. I always go for the highest trim myself.

Also if you see the photos I attached I went from red to white. To me the white is so much cleaner and goes well with the darker rims. The red you would look at it the wrong way and it would swirl, chip etc...very high maintenance.

Makes very little difference IME. Getting my 19s back Tuesday so I'll have a chance again to see if I notice.

Back