Off Topic possible class action law suit against Honda and the CR-V

Interesting but looks bad and random on the cx5 subforum.. moved to off topic

Interesting but looks bad and random on the cx5 subforum.. moved to off topic

Not sure how it looks bad, unless you're a Honda owner, but anyway,
I put it there because the CR-V competes against the CX-5, and the CX-5 sub forum seems to have the most activity.
No problem for me though. I thought it was news worth noting.

FYI, a close family relative bought a 2017 CR-V last fall, and I feel bad for them.
They already had to go to the dealer and force an early oil change (they did it for free eventually), and now this. They're not pleased.

Yeah, talk about a shtstorm. Funny how mangoconchile is viewed as a complete tool on that forum as well.

The sad thing is that even with all those problems, Honda still sells 3X as many CR-V's as compared to the CX-5.

Yeah, talk about a shtstorm. Funny how mangoconchile is viewed as a complete tool on that forum as well.

The sad thing is that even with all those problems, Honda still sells 3X as many CR-V's as compared to the CX-5.

yeah, whatever happen to mangoconchile, haven't heard from him for awhile, probably has the gas in the engine oil issue and now eating crow....
I rode in a co-worker's 2017 CR-V the other day and immediately smelled gas in the cabin, when we stopped, I asked him to let me check the dipstick and sure enough it was reading high, I showed him the links to the honda forums and advised him to change the engine oil immediately, he has fuel in the engine oil.

On the other hand, my friend's wife has been driving a CRV for years with absolutely no issues. She commutes over the hill (100 miles or so round trip) everyday.

I think the thing has over 200k on it.

Back