Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Saint's Build Thread

CX 5

Playing while bored today. Took the gear off before the road trip into Oklahoma and had some time to kill. These cars are fun to look at!
    Brought to you in part by

CX 5

Put the gear back on and took her out to the lake today. Way slower than the ram, but damn she did her job well and looked good doing it.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

CX 5

Sometimes I just sit back and enjoy the views from work.

Last edited by SaintsReturn; 04-15-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

yea i know looks are subjective, but personally this is the best looking CUV on the road, although one could put up an argument for the F Pace as well. I also love mine in Black especially in the sun. I know a lot of people don't like the chrome accents but against the black it does look nice

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by Carfo View Post
    yea i know looks are subjective, but personally this is the best looking CUV on the road, although one could put up an argument for the F Pace as well. I also love mine in Black especially in the sun. I know a lot of people don't like the chrome accents but against the black it does look nice
    Agree on all counts. I go back and forth on the chrome delete, but I like how subtle it is compared to the Ram I had before.

CX 5

In case anyone was looking at a cargo carrier. Here is what the $80 Amazon one looks like.

CX 5

What a day. Left at 0030 this morning and just unloaded the car about an hour ago. I am tired. But we had some fun along the way.

States covered: Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, and finally Michigan.

This Amazon bag took a beating in the weather, but no burn marks or water inside the bag. So very happy with the purchase.

Last edited by SaintsReturn; 04-15-2019 at 01:21 PM.

CX 5

Dogs had some fun and I found a winery on the way to stop and get the wife some stuff. Here is the bag at our arrival. I covered one side with a cooking sheet and left the other side open to see what happened with the heat.

Nothing. That's what happened.

Last edited by SaintsReturn; 04-15-2019 at 01:22 PM.

CX 5

And this is bs.... Made a clean drive across the central part of the country and didn't hit a lick of snow. (thankfully) so I get home and tuck the girl in and wake up to this...

CX 5

Welp, the trip was fun and we are about to go on our 18 hour drive tomorrow night. So tonight is about relaxing while prepping the ride.

Registered Member

CX-5

I have a question about your roof rail/rack system. These are different than any of the others I've seen (the silver tall ones) what rack system are you using that connect directly to the flush muonted rails? How do they connect?

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsReturn View Post
    Factory roof trim (KBYA-50-9H0A (right side) and KBYA-50-9L0A (left side))
    I think this is it

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5

Happy day!
    Not sure if the part no. For the rack in on there

Registered Member

CX-5

I saw the part numbers, I'm just confused at how they are OEM(I know they are, I found them online) but when are they used by the OEM if the only ones I have ever seen are the tall shiny silver ones. Are they maybe for an older CX-5, but still fit?

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

Hitch installed and wiring hanging out for me to do another day. It was not hard but it was a PITA, especially compared to the one I did on my Ram.
    Were you able to do this yourself and did anything have to be removed? I had one put on my 2015 CX5 and if I remember right, the reason I decided to not do it myself was because the exhaust had to be removed in order to install the hitch. Or something to that effect. Either way, I remember not doing it myself because it wasn't as simple as just bolting it on.
    2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2016 Mazda CX-5 T -- sold
    2015 Yamaha FZ09 (Melisandre)
    2012 Yamaha R6 (Lucy) -- laid to rest
    2009 Mazda 3 (Fireball)
    1998 Chevy S-10 (Cindy)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast