Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saint's Build Thread

CX 5

Happy day!
    Brought to you in part by

CX 5

The roof rack is on and the accessories are unpacked. Now to drive it around for a couple days and check the fitting to see how it holds up.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

CX 5

Almost done with the trailer wiring. Ran it 3/4 of the way and then called it a night.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

nice progress, it's awesome to see you post your updates like this.
    i also really like the look of those rails

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by Carfo View Post
    nice progress, it's awesome to see you post your updates like this.
    i also really like the look of those rails
    Thank you. I hope they help others out.

2018 Mazda CX-5

Thanks for posting all the pics of all your accessories. Did you notice any added wind noise from your window tint install? I've had cars in the past where that extra film disrupted the window seals enough to let the wind squeak through and made it noisy, just wondering if that had happened to anyone with a CX-5.

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by gdluke View Post
    Thanks for posting all the pics of all your accessories. Did you notice any added wind noise from your window tint install? I've had cars in the past where that extra film disrupted the window seals enough to let the wind squeak through and made it noisy, just wondering if that had happened to anyone with a CX-5.
    Your welcome! Not at all. This thing still keeps a good deal and I don't hear any change. But it is definitely cooler inside.

Registered Member

Carless

Ive never heard of or had a issue with the tint doing that. Most pro installers leave about an 1/8th of an inch of the tint away from the top edge of the window so it can roll up and sit flush with the weather stripping. I can see if you had excess its potential could not have a "air" tight seal but you would probably see the tint film crinkle.

Also, the heat in sacramento, i would highly recommend tint, even if you don't go super dark, will benefit the car greatly. Not only will it not get as hot but when you are driving it feels like the AC is more effective since the sun is still not heating your car up as fast.

I just got limo tint on the back half of my car and its too dark out the back window, i can't make out car shapes and street lights light on the ground is washed out. I wouldn't recommended limo tint over the factor tint, go a step or 2 above limo in transparency.

2018 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsReturn View Post
    Your welcome! Not at all. This thing still keeps a good deal and I don't hear any change. But it is definitely cooler inside.
    Good to know, thanks. I could sure use some extra cooling during these hot valley summers out here!

2018 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrow925 View Post
    Ive never heard of or had a issue with the tint doing that. Most pro installers leave about an 1/8th of an inch of the tint away from the top edge of the window so it can roll up and sit flush with the weather stripping. I can see if you had excess its potential could not have a "air" tight seal but you would probably see the tint film crinkle.

Also, the heat in sacramento, i would highly recommend tint, even if you don't go super dark, will benefit the car greatly. Not only will it not get as hot but when you are driving it feels like the AC is more effective since the sun is still not heating your car up as fast.

I just got limo tint on the back half of my car and its too dark out the back window, i can't make out car shapes and street lights light on the ground is washed out. I wouldn't recommended limo tint over the factor tint, go a step or 2 above limo in transparency.
    No doubt about the central valley Sacramento getting nasty hot in the summer, so yeah I could definitely use some tint on my fronts. But I was worried about air/and noise leaks due to the film on the windows, sounds like that shouldn't be a problem!

CX 5

Also, look into the clear film. I had it on my front window on my Ram and I have it on this sunroof. You cannot tell it's there and it blocks a lot of UV/Heat. Worth every penny.

Registered Member

mazda CX5 GT

Poorly fitting cargo protector

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsniper View Post
    Hmm is this from the dealer? Cost? Looks too loose though and looks like falling apart but it might do its job. Because I am looking for a similar cover like this (extends over the rear bumper) as there is some time that I have to put a lot of heavy travel bags on my trunk that I fear may scratch my rear sill even though I have plating on it.
    The fit of that cargo area protector is extremely poor. I suspect it is an inexpensive aftermarket product purchased by the dealer or possibly one from an earlier model. I have a 2016 CX5 with the factory cargo protector that I ordered and installed and it fits perfectly.(shady)

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by wechee View Post
    The fit of that cargo area protector is extremely poor. I suspect it is an inexpensive aftermarket product purchased by the dealer or possibly one from an earlier model. I have a 2016 CX5 with the factory cargo protector that I ordered and installed and it fits perfectly.(shady)
    No they determined that it was for the previous gen and then gave me th correct one that I posted later in the thread. They are coverking brand I believe, but it's the part number listed on their site.

Looks much better now that I have the correct year on there.

2018 Mazda CX-5

Hey Saint, I just got my hitch from e-trailer. Were there a couple bare metal spots where the powder coat either fell off or was chipped on yours? wondering if I should spray those down with some black paint before tossing it up under the muffler.

CX 5

Hey Saint, I just got my hitch from e-trailer. Were there a couple bare metal spots where the powder coat either fell off or was chipped on yours? wondering if I should spray those down with some black paint before tossing it up under the muffler.
    Hey bud,
    Mine had one scratch where the hitch broke through the corrugate in shipping. That said, the integrity was not impacted.

If your patient, reach out to them and get a new one. If not, I would put a good coat of paint on it to prevent future rusting. It will be fine if you go that route. I would not leave the steal exposed as road conditions and water from kayak trailers could cause rusting later.

With all of that said, it would take a lot of rust and more years than this engine has in it to probably ever be a real problem. But why risk it when you paid for a fully coated one?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast