Saint's Build Thread

just got confirmation that my Rhino Rack has shipped!!! Now i need these allergies to get in check so i can complete:
1) Roof rail insert swap out
2) Trailer hitch wiring
3) Rhino install when delivered
3.1) Test fit the kayaks

Loving this car so far!

Yes sir. They are factory but out of Canada so they cover the dead pedal and look sporty compared to the solid rubber of the US ones.

those mats look really nice. i noticed it looks different than the ones here in the US? my dealer said the mats did not cover dead pedal, but the ones you show did. here's what the ones my dealer offers in the US
http://accessories.mazdausa.com/wcs.../images/catalog/fullimages/17CX5FloorMats.jpg

i'd prefer OEM but i'm leaning toward tuxmat or husky at this point

I went with the husky ones, they are $125 on amazon right now. They are really good, and don't have a bunch of grooves for dirt to get stuck into, they will be easy to wash.

Hmm is this from the dealer? Cost? Looks too loose though and looks like falling apart but it might do its job. Because I am looking for a similar cover like this (extends over the rear bumper) as there is some time that I have to put a lot of heavy travel bags on my trunk that I fear may scratch my rear sill even though I have plating on it.
It was factory but turns out is was for the '16. So this has been corrected.

So I finally decided to tackle changing out to roof rails so that I can direct bolt the rack when it arrives. Turns out, this was way too easy!

Now I just need the kit to get here!

9b461f881f61be090323dbfe67931cd9.jpg

49160467bbc83ce58da3ce8f0c66a1df.jpg

dcae6d049c4ba681ab2c8a029e8ce5a1.jpg

0216e7b77d24f8f04cb3fe87e35029ff.jpg

bacaf4964bcddabd7645ad83f7c8f2f8.jpg

59f5bcbd97a9091524c041e783935ef6.jpg

38cc9fabfa4938734fabcbacc4396bf9.jpg

a5b6a02c0c1c3a2f2b8fb407e8afeea1.jpg

8ea5a16bf6799b6a84a76074db4e1cb4.jpg

Last edited:
What's the Mazda part number for the roof rail insert the you just installed? it looks to be flush with the roof and does not stand tall like the silver roof rails that I have seen thus far.

What's the Mazda part number for the roof rail insert the you just installed? it looks to be flush with the roof and does not stand tall like the silver roof rails that I have seen thus far.

I will see if i can find the thread that had them listed, i lost it when i updated the main post. They are not the rails, but the track that the rails would sit in. This will allow me to mount my rack system without having the silver part running from front to back.

Factory roof trim (KBYA-50-9H0A (right side) and KBYA-50-9L0A (left side))

The roof rack is on and the accessories are unpacked. Now to drive it around for a couple days and check the fitting to see how it holds up.
2a1483474ced641938e1ab5f3eaefd8e.jpg
5596ff5282b80400abd00a53bfd89176.jpg
ef8794fb365e179a2d58cf04486f93f6.jpg
a4e7a2c3a13fd0fa9cecbf2d7d8eb433.jpg

nice progress, it's awesome to see you post your updates like this.
i also really like the look of those rails

Thanks for posting all the pics of all your accessories. Did you notice any added wind noise from your window tint install? I've had cars in the past where that extra film disrupted the window seals enough to let the wind squeak through and made it noisy, just wondering if that had happened to anyone with a CX-5.

Thanks for posting all the pics of all your accessories. Did you notice any added wind noise from your window tint install? I've had cars in the past where that extra film disrupted the window seals enough to let the wind squeak through and made it noisy, just wondering if that had happened to anyone with a CX-5.
Your welcome! Not at all. This thing still keeps a good deal and I don't hear any change. But it is definitely cooler inside.

Ive never heard of or had a issue with the tint doing that. Most pro installers leave about an 1/8th of an inch of the tint away from the top edge of the window so it can roll up and sit flush with the weather stripping. I can see if you had excess its potential could not have a "air" tight seal but you would probably see the tint film crinkle.

Also, the heat in sacramento, i would highly recommend tint, even if you don't go super dark, will benefit the car greatly. Not only will it not get as hot but when you are driving it feels like the AC is more effective since the sun is still not heating your car up as fast.

I just got limo tint on the back half of my car and its too dark out the back window, i can't make out car shapes and street lights light on the ground is washed out. I wouldn't recommended limo tint over the factor tint, go a step or 2 above limo in transparency.

Ive never heard of or had a issue with the tint doing that. Most pro installers leave about an 1/8th of an inch of the tint away from the top edge of the window so it can roll up and sit flush with the weather stripping. I can see if you had excess its potential could not have a "air" tight seal but you would probably see the tint film crinkle.

Also, the heat in sacramento, i would highly recommend tint, even if you don't go super dark, will benefit the car greatly. Not only will it not get as hot but when you are driving it feels like the AC is more effective since the sun is still not heating your car up as fast.

I just got limo tint on the back half of my car and its too dark out the back window, i can't make out car shapes and street lights light on the ground is washed out. I wouldn't recommended limo tint over the factor tint, go a step or 2 above limo in transparency.

No doubt about the central valley Sacramento getting nasty hot in the summer, so yeah I could definitely use some tint on my fronts. But I was worried about air/and noise leaks due to the film on the windows, sounds like that shouldn't be a problem!

Back