Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Saint's Build Thread

CX 5

You have to drop the exhaust to install the hitch still. I never finished this because I use the hitch a lot but not with a trailer. I'll get it done sometime in the future lol.
    Brought to you in part by

Registered Member

CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi0129 View Post
    I saw the part numbers, I'm just confused at how they are OEM(I know they are, I found them online) but when are they used by the OEM if the only ones I have ever seen are the tall shiny silver ones. Are they maybe for an older CX-5, but still fit?
    I did this with my '09 Mazda hatch. They are OEM parts. From what I could find on my 2009 mazda 3 was they were standard on other country's vehicles, but not standard on US models. Not sure why Mazda didn't include these rain gutter guards standard on all models. It would make putting a Thule or other aftermarket roof rack easier. I used the thule rack on my 09 3. I've been looking at doing this on my 2018 cx-5 as well.

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi0129 View Post
    I saw the part numbers, I'm just confused at how they are OEM(I know they are, I found them online) but when are they used by the OEM if the only ones I have ever seen are the tall shiny silver ones. Are they maybe for an older CX-5, but still fit?
    If I'm understanding you correctly, the rails are factory as they fit the new models on a global level. The Thule rail system sits on top of these while the rhino rack system only covers the holes.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsReturn View Post
    Hitch installed and new roof molding ordered... Now it's time to decide on which company to go for on roof rails.
    I just installed the same one myself last weekend. One question for you: That slim little piece of plastic that you remove that is held in with the 2 push pins, were you able to reinstall it? I couldn't figure out how to get it back up in there and I didn't want to force it. It doesn't seem like it's a crucial piece, I'd rather not have it sitting in my garage if there's a way to put it back on.
    2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2016 Mazda CX-5 T -- sold
    2015 Yamaha FZ09 (Melisandre)
    2012 Yamaha R6 (Lucy) -- laid to rest
    2009 Mazda 3 (Fireball)
    1998 Chevy S-10 (Cindy)

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by mox44ah View Post
    I just installed the same one myself last weekend. One question for you: That slim little piece of plastic that you remove that is held in with the 2 push pins, were you able to reinstall it? I couldn't figure out how to get it back up in there and I didn't want to force it. It doesn't seem like it's a crucial piece, I'd rather not have it sitting in my garage if there's a way to put it back on.
    If you are talking about the four cover pieces, yup. Lay it flat facing the correct direction and I use a flat rounded tool to push it
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT w/PP

Quote Originally Posted by mox44ah View Post
    I know exactly what you are taking about. That slim piece canít be reinstalled. At least not in the 2019 models. Recommend you go to etrailer.com and find the trailer hitch for a Mazda CX-5 where they mention that piece can not be put back.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by CarIsCool View Post
    I know exactly what you are taking about. That slim piece canít be reinstalled. At least not in the 2019 models. Recommend you go to etrailer.com and find the trailer hitch for a Mazda CX-5 where they mention that piece can not be put back.
    Ahh good to know. Yeah I just checked their website and it does say that GT models have a piece of trim that doesn't get reinstalled. I wonder why only the GT models?

CX 5

Gotcha no wonder I was lost. No I have the touring so I didn't have an issue.

2018 CX5

Those CANADA mats are awesome. I got them and they are the best investment.

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by TANKGUNNER View Post
    Those CANADA mats are awesome. I got them and they are the best investment.
    I love them! No regrets on that purchase at all.

CX 5

After my last trip home and driving a Ford fusion with ACP/AA, I stopped by the dealership and bought the car kit. Got the kit installed yesterday and the update finished today.

It's great to have, but no where as intuitive as the fusions. But for 196$ OTD and an hour in my garage, it was worth every penny.

Now I just need to figure out why the GPS is several miles off.

And for the record, taking apart a car less than a year old was nerve racking!

Last edited by SaintsReturn; 02-25-2019 at 02:59 PM.

CX 5

I went for a drive the other day and didn't have time to play around with settings for the pic, but I found this old building awesome and had to snap a pic with Millie in it.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

Was the wiring for the trailer hitch difficult? The trailer hitch is one add on I will get for sure.

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstMazda View Post
    Was the wiring for the trailer hitch difficult? The trailer hitch is one add on I will get for sure.
    It wasnt fun, but i also ran it along the outside. I have been going back and forth about finishing it finally and think i am going to tear it all out and go along the inside as recommended. We will see. But i got from the back to the front wheel well in about 30 minutes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast