This forum is awesome.

piotrek91

:
2013 CX-5 6MT
I did some brake work on my wife's rav4 v6 over the weekend. (installed the required anti squeal shims that somehow went missing the last time the pads were changed at a shop)

This involved spending a little time browsing rav4 forums.

There are so many threads that are wrong, unanswered or without follow up that it's very hard to find any good info.

Additionally, those other forums are so full of ads it makes it hard to even look at them without wanting to give up.

This forum is one of the few forums still out that that isn't full of ads and instead is full of good info.
We have many passionate members that ensure that any wrong posts get corrected (smash) and people usually follow up with how they solved whatever issue they were dealing with.

I did some brake work on my wife's rav4 v6 over the weekend. (installed the required anti squeal shims that somehow went missing the last time the pads were changed at a shop)

This involved spending a little time browsing rav4 forums.

There are so many threads that are wrong, unanswered or without follow up that it's very hard to find any good info.

Additionally, those other forums are so full of ads it makes it hard to even look at them without wanting to give up.

This forum is one of the few forums still out that that isn't full of ads and instead is full of good info.
We have many passionate members that ensure that any wrong posts get corrected (smash) and people usually follow up with how they solved whatever issue they were dealing with.

The DIY section here is pretty robust. Everything you need to know about oil changes, brakes, sound systems, mods, kits, wheels, detailing, .....shoot even financing!! ect. All here. Well except the financing part.

Missing anti-squeal shims from a brake shop work? Thats why I always try to DIY if possible for any kind of maintenance and repair work. But how did you find out these shims are missing? ;)

Actually Ive noticed more annoying pop-up ads blocking too much of my small iPhone screen at our site recently. And our long-time sponsor, Med Center Mazda, is gone.

Yes therere members here are very helpful indeed, but I also noticed, when I was reviewing those old posts, therere quite a few very knowledgeable posters are no longer here.

That's partly why I got fed up with the mz3rev forum.. ads everywhere, too many noobs and not enough knowledgeable members available or willing offer up their experience. That and the crowd tended to be very young.

Missing anti-squeal shims from a brake shop work? That’s why I always try to DIY if possible for any kind of maintenance and repair work. But how did you find out these shims are missing? ;)

The pads and rotors were done by pep-boys 3 years and ~30k mi ago.

At first they tried to install non OEM rotors and pads, but something didn't fit right, so they tried some other pads or something. Next it turned out the rotors weren't the right ones, so we brought OEM rotors and pads (at the dealer) and pepboys they installed them (free of charge at this point)

The brakes worked fine but were noisy at parking lot speeds. I took it back there, they looked them over and couldn't find anything wrong.

I eventually started looking into it as it was getting louder and noticed that the pads had no shims installed.

I did a tutorial for the RAV4 owners club which is also available on the US site. It shows how to position the shims on the RAV4 pads..........

the only ads is see here are at the very bottom of the page (typically out of view) and a thin bar at the top under the very top toolbar. Nothing ever pops up/flashes etc and they are just item recommendations from amazon or something.

I remember when a member here called me a luddite once. I had to look it up.

I guess Luddite is more applicable in England. I often have to look up up some of the words and expressions you guys use.

I get that Amazon bar at the top which has the knack of jumping down to the exact place where I want to select the lounge area so get that open each time. Other than that, it’s pretty clear.

I like this forum because it’s quite easy to follow with only five sections.

I guess Luddite is more applicable in England. I often have to look up up some of the words and expressions you guys use.

I get that Amazon bar at the top which has the knack of jumping down to the exact place where I want to select the lounge area so get that open each time. Other than that, it’s pretty clear.

I like this forum because it’s quite easy to follow with only five sections.

It's a well done forum, laid out sensibly. The moderation is very bipolar though. Some things all that are over the top aren't commented on, and other things that aren't even a big deal generate tons of mod attention. That's my only negative observation. Zero moderation consistency.

Keep in mind many forums pepper you with ads, this one too, until you become a member and login. Then it tones them down.

I don't use ad blockers because i want to KNOW which websites are obnoxious over the top ad servers.... so I can stop visiting them. Speak with your clicks. :D

Even without an adblocker, this site is one of the least intrusive sites I've seen for ads. I think some of you haven't been to truly bad ad sites...

Otherwise, uBlock Origin is what you need.

Yes Uno, you are a Luddite, but that was known before this thread :p

Back