Mazda CX-5 OEM alloy pedal cover question

Hi everyone!! Now that I finally got past Fort Knox to get logged into this forum. LOL!

I have a question about the Alloy Pedal Covers. I just received them in the mail. Really Awesome! BUT gas pedal has no rubber nubs. The Break and the clutch pedals do. Is this normal for the Gas pedal not to have that same grip?

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=af68f1a99262f28f0e42e4ca588c8ab6&oe=5B6E7A80

100% normal. I have installed theses on multiple cars, and they came stock on my Miata SE.

From a technical standpoint, you don't want your foot to slide off break or clutch. But some gas pedals (older cars) your foot should slide as the pedal rotates underneath. Notice the stock gas pedal is plastic and not rubber coated either - unlike the brake and clutch.

100% normal. I have installed theses on multiple cars, and they came stock on my Miata SE.

From a technical standpoint, you don't want your foot to slide off break or clutch. But some gas pedals (older cars) your foot should slide as the pedal rotates underneath. Notice the stock gas pedal is plastic and not rubber coated either - unlike the brake and clutch.

Thanks for the reply!! Makes sense! you don't want your foot sticking on the gas pedal.

Back