Feel. Alive.

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
https://youtu.be/fEfyuW21b0Y

Alright. We gotta talk about this new ad campaign. Does anyone like this direction? What about it do you like?
Personally, I hate it. Feel alive?
They show the concept 6. A car you can't buy.
It's been running a lot on the channel my son's been watching. Even he didn't like it. He said "what does a whale have to do with a Mazda?" He's 7.
If I had to say something nice about it it's that they don't compare it to someone else's car. Hate when car companies do that. But otherwise... meh.

I don’t hate it but I don’t see how this will convince someone who’s thinking about buying a Honda or Toyota that they should consider Mazda.

Or Coke. LOL Also kind of glad they don't brag about Blind Spot detectors or other tech that every other company has now.

Spectacular car shots...atrocious commercial. One more reason to record everything you plan to watch on TV. So you don't have to sit through this kind of garbage!

Last edited:
At least the zoom zoom kid looked like he was having fun. EDIT: Is that the same kid in both commercials??

I know it got old fast, but it also kinda struck a chord. I'll bet your son knows exactly what this ad is about.

Last edited:
Narrator is absolute garbage. No cohesive story. Just some dumb shots of people we don't care about and can't relate to. The livestream mentioned trying to appeal to millennials, and as a one I can say they missed the mark. They went too far to the "experiential" side of what appeals to the demographic.

The final "spreading your wings" with the logo was the one part that felt cohesive. And even that was pretty stupid looking.

Feel alive doesn't seem like a bad tag line but the execution here is pretty terrible imo.

We don't have a general Mazda commercial here.

All of ours are model based Mazda commercials and all tie into the Zoom Zoom theme.

I don’t hate it but I don’t see how this will convince someone who’s thinking about buying a Honda or Toyota that they should consider Mazda.

The funny thing it is very similar to a Subaru commercial but Subaru brings it back to a fundamental point of their cars - they are reliable and still on the road.

At least the zoom zoom kid looked like he was having fun. EDIT: Is that the same kid in both commercials??

I know it got old fast, but it also kinda struck a chord. I'll bet your son knows exactly what this ad is about.
Christian approves. "MUCH BETTER!"

Well, I like it. Uplifting and positive and that's what we need in this world right now!

They have to start them young. Miatas and Paw Patrol go hand in hand.

Back