Experience with Best Buy geek squad for CarPlay install?

Rotish

:
Cx 5
My nav system on my 2015 cx-5 died today. Being told its a 500 dollar repair so I decided to get a carplay aftermarket receiver instead.

I want to make sure my steering wheel controls and backup camera stay functional though, so want it done right.

Does anyone have experience with geek squad? Ive heard horror stories, but not sure where else to go to buy and install. Can they do this right?

Skill of the installer and having the right parts are the main things.

Do they have wiring harness and canbus adapters/interface to make sure your controls work and they don't have to cut wires? Do they have proper guides so they don't break trim or clips?

These questions apply to any stereo shop you go to.

I've had mixed results with them in the past. The most recent time I used them, they broke my door panels and the steering wheel controls only worked half the time.

I've had mixed results with them in the past. The most recent time I used them, they broke my door panels and the steering wheel controls only worked half the time.

Did they make it right?

Stay away from Best Buy. Find a local 12v installer instead. They’re more skilled and won’t treat your car like a jungle gym.

I would absolutely find a small Indy shop that specializes in this. Unless you keep me in an area where there is no such business.

My nav system on my 2015 cx-5 died today. Being told it’s a 500 dollar repair so I decided to get a carplay aftermarket receiver instead.

I want to make sure my steering wheel controls and backup camera stay functional though, so want it done right.

Does anyone have experience with geek squad? I’ve heard horror stories, but not sure where else to go to buy and install. Can they do this right?

What city are you in? I’ll see if I can get a recommendation for where you are.

Have you made your decision yet? Personally I would source a local installer versus BB. In a pinch, I have Tint World do work to my vehicle here in Texas as they do great work and care a lot. But when it comes to car audio, i always try to find a reputable audio shop in my area.

Back