17" for 19" on new Touring

:
2023 CX-5S Select
I own a 2015 CX-5 Sport. I'm going to look at a 2018 Touring. I prefer 17" tires and would ask for a swap. Do any of you have a feel for how dealers respond to this request? Any big dollars involved ?

You mean asking for them to swap the tires and wheels from your old 2015 to the new 2018?

or

You want them to put a new set of 17 inch wheels and tires on your 2018?

I have seen private parties sell new take off sets on craigslist of the 17" cx-5 2017 and up wheels and tires asking $600-800. The dealer will not be interested in swapping out wheels and tires on their other new vehicles to equip yours.

Try a tire and wheel site like tirerack.com, and get a set of nice lightweight wheels in your choice, and a set of much better than stock tires.

Last edited:
I was thinking along the lines of them swapping new for new, my 2015 tires not involved.

your probably better off selling the 19" wheels to a private party

I was thinking along the lines of them swapping new for new, my 2015 tires not involved.
It can be done and I’ve seen several had reported here they had done that. But you won’t be able to get any money but just straight swap of more expensive 19” wheels on your Touring with 17” wheels on a Sport. It won’t hurt just ask. But keep in mind that OE Yokohama 17” tires are a lot worse than OE 19” Toyo tires too.

Back