Paint Protection Film

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone currently has PPF (clear bra) on their ride? If so, have you had any issues with edges lifting? What brand PPF do you have?

Will an automatic car wash cause issues?

Thanks!

I just had the 3M pro put on Monday. Too early to tell, but looks good. I had film on my Acura for 18 years. The edges never lifted, the surface cracked and crazed/hazed after 10 years or so.

I've had PPF film on for the last three years with zero issues. I believe the shop used xpel ultimate but I'm not 100% certain. Either way it's held up really well. I don't go thru carwashes so hard to say if there is an issue with that or not. I think It's well worth the money to help prevent rock chips on the front end

I've had Xpel Ultimate installed on several cars, including the CX-5.
The only problem I had was my own fault ... carelessly directing the spray of my pressure washer in a direction that lifted the film edge.

Fortunately, the local Xpel factory installer replaced the film under warranty.

I'm very pleased that the film is essentially invisible and that it offers terrific protection from chipping caused by road debris.

I've had Xpel Ultimate installed on several cars, including the CX-5.
The only problem I had was my own fault ... carelessly directing the spray of my pressure washer in a direction that lifted the film edge.

Fortunately, the local Xpel factory installer replaced the film under warranty.

I'm very pleased that the film is essentially invisible and that it offers terrific protection from chipping caused by road debris.

Have you ever taken your vehicles through an automatic car wash with the film on the vehicle? If so, any issues?

Have you ever taken your vehicles through an automatic car wash with the film on the vehicle? If so, any issues?

I never use automatic car washes.
If it's too cold to wash with the foam cannon and microfiber mitt, I use waterless car wash (ONR ... Optimum No Rinse) in my garage.

I did with my Lexus - never had any peeling. It was a 2010 with dealer applied film. 8 years later no peeling, but it was starting to look a little stained and less clear - car was garage kept.

Paint stays newer looking for longer but can chip. Pick your poison.

I haven't gotten around to installing PPF on my 2017 Touring yet but I will soon. I want to let the weather improve a little in Chicago before I detail it then I'll apply the film. I'll either use Hexis BodyFence or Xpel Ultimate. I'm not sure yet which one I'll decide on since both are equally good products.

Back