Contacts import only worked for 10 days

:
Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White
My new CX-9 2017 GT's infotainment has been working flawlessly for 10 days until yesterday. The unit rebooted while driving and it couldn't sync my contacts anymore. The only way to make it work again was to fully reset the unit but today in the morning I couldn't sync my contacts again. Sometimes it displays an error saying that it couldn't sync due to "unkown reasons" or the get stuck loading the contacts. I'm using a iPhone X with the latest iOS version with 300 contacts give or take, and it worked fine from day one until now. I haven't changed any of my contacts data either and I don't know what is going on. Right know my dealer is verifying the problem but I am not certain they can fix it properly. It has the version .441 installed at the moment, any idea or help? (scratch)

Last edited:
When you said you reset the unit, I am assuming you mean MZD Connect (uhm)

After you did this, was your iPhone profile still listed (uhm)

(hmm)

Has there been an update to iOS recently (uhm)

No, my iPhone X had the iOS 11.3 upgrade long before i got the CX-9. I mean, I only have 10 days with the car. When I got the CX-9 at the dealer it worked instantly without issues until yesterday when the MZD rebooted out of nowhere.

Also, I took my time to verify all my contacts. I exported all the contacts to a CSV file just to look for any weird character and the pictures but I didn't change any contact and it worked. I didn't fine anything weird.

As I expected, the dealer didn't find anything wrong with the MZD but thay found some humidity inside the display. They showed to me the display and it was a little foggy in some areas so they ordered a new display. Also they are going to replace the B-pillars exterior plastic trims for the same reason. Miraculously, the contacts synced right this time and I disabled the auto-download features. I will sync the contacts manually.

Last edited:
Please let us know how you go with the display and b-pillar works

Hi guys, just updating. I just confirmed a schedule with the dealer to replace the infotainment display this Tuesday. Mazda didn't approve the b-pillars trim replacement so the dealer is going to assume the costs. Also, I will be discussing with them about my headlamps vibration problem. If I fix this issues I will be 100% happy with the car.

Today the dealer replaced the display and everything is working as supposed. About the issue with the headlights, they noticed some minor "normal" vibration but after verifying the lamps housing and led bulbs they didn't see anything wrong. Anyways they scheduled a new meeting with the master technician and service manager so I can demostrate the issue at driving at night. Hopefully they can see the problem.

Back