Has anyone tried putting a 1 inch spacer in front on CX-5 ?

New18CX5

:
2018 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring Premier
I would like to level the CX5. Any ideas? I rather lift front than lower back. Would lifting an inch mess up the alignment. I'm just curious.

I have not seen this yet, but anytime you adjust the front end you will want to do an alignment on it. if you squat the rear you will not need to. That said, i am watching to see what folks say on front end option.

I would like to level the CX5. Any ideas? I rather lift front than lower back. Would lifting an inch mess up the alignment. I'm just curious.

Is there a reason you would want to do that besides looks?

Is there a reason you would want to do that besides looks?
Guilty as charged. Yes just looks. The other vehicle we were looking at before we got the CX-5 was a Jeep Trailhawk. I know it's a 4x4 but I like the way it looks lifted in the front.

No, but from what I been reading, they have the front lower for fwd . Do you think an inch would make that much difference?

It is beneficial for a FWD vehicle to have the front lower so as to lessen weight transfer to the rear tires, thereby keeping more traction to the front tires. Imagine going up a hill in a FWD vehicle. Most of the vehicle's weight will shift to the rear tires.

To answer your question, I do not know if 1 inch would make a difference. I just wouldn't recommend it on a FWD CX-5.

Back