This is why I have AWD...

Nothing that hot rod fwd only Pacifica thats got Mazdas suvs on notice can't handle, you put a deposit down yet? I guess Chris saved us from that from that trainwreck(hi)

Nothing that hot rod fwd only Pacifica thats got Mazdas suvs on notice can't handle, you put a deposit down yet? I guess Chris saved us from that from that trainwreck(hi)

Pacifica’s are junk. I rented one for a couple of weeks. Brand new car and the front fender broke a clip or came loose. Enterprise pulled their scam saying I damaged it. Fortunately the CC company covered all but the diminished value loss.

Enterprise—- never again.

I sunk to CUV land, I cannot sink to Minivanland, no-matter how good the numbers are, lol!

I sunk to CUV land, I cannot sink to Minivanland, no-matter how good the numbers are, lol!

What good numbers LOL?

There's literally zero reason to go from CUV to a minivan unless you're hauling a bunch of snot nosed kids :p

Pacifica’s are junk. I rented one for a couple of weeks. Brand new car and the front fender broke a clip or came loose. Enterprise pulled their scam saying I damaged it. Fortunately the CC company covered all but the diminished value loss.

Enterprise—- never again.

Interesting. My wife put a large scratch in one of their cars once, and they didn't bat an eye.
That made Enterprise her favorite rental.
It surely depends on who checks your car in.

And honestly those numbers are because that van had good tires. Put some premiers on your CX-5. They’re excellent.

So still couldn't tell the actual steepness from the video, but the steepness combined with the driveway gravel and the fact you could push your CX-5 down it one handed was definitely able to provide some perspective. Damn!

So still couldn't tell the actual steepness from the video, but the steepness combined with the driveway gravel and the fact you could push your CX-5 down it one handed was definitely able to provide some perspective. Damn!

Yep, either I'm swoll AF, or its steep AF. Either way it shuts up the "its not how you claim, my fwd would be fine!" Lol

What good numbers LOL?

There's literally zero reason to go from CUV to a minivan unless you're hauling a bunch of snot nosed kids :p

It stops better from 70, pulls nearly .9 on the skidpad, and gets better highway mileage while doing 0-60 almost a second faster. If there was a gen3 cx5 with those numbers, half this forum would cry that it was the 2nd coming of the messiah, lol!

It stops better from 70, pulls nearly .9 on the skidpad, and gets better highway mileage while doing 0-60 almost a second faster. If there was a gen3 cx5 with those numbers, half this forum would cry that it was the 2nd coming of the messiah, lol!
Ah I see. Meh...still a minivan.

I really think you need to go drive one.

Putting down a good 0-60 when floored is one thing. But how does it respond when rolling when you tip in? Based on their comments about its reluctance to downshift even to maintain speed I’m guessing not great.

How bout that grip on the skid pad? How many of us drive their CX-5 at the cornering limit all the time? I don’t.... not the vehicle for that. But the Pacifica definitely doesn’t and it doesn’t have good steering feel or body control.

Stopping better. I would want to see how the CX-5 does with the same rubber. Those premier tires are a lot better than the tires that come on the CX-5. Also better to than all the other Pacifica options according to that review.

I’d also add there are other CUVs that accelerate faster, stop faster, and have higher skid pad numbers than the CX-5. Yet the reviewers consistently prefer the CX-5 to most of them. Only one I ever see ranked higher is the CR-V which has its own shortcomings.

Lastly Mazda themselves says they are not trying to have the best this number or that number. But are focused more on real world driving where the car is responsive and predictable.

On mine the transmission downshifts readily and holds the correct gear on long hills. That ZF 9 speed with FCA programming is horrendous.

Go test drive it. Take it to your house and go up and down your driveway and tell us ho you feel then.

Also what highway mpg does the AWD Pacifica get? Oh right it doesn’t have that option.

Apples to tangerines dude.

I really think you need to go drive one.

Putting down a good 0-60 when floored is one thing. But how does it respond when rolling when you tip in? Based on their comments about its reluctance to downshift even to maintain speed I’m guessing not great.

How bout that grip on the skid pad? How many of us drive their CX-5 at the cornering limit all the time? I don’t.... not the vehicle for that. But the Pacifica definitely doesn’t and it doesn’t have good steering feel or body control.

Stopping better. I would want to see how the CX-5 does with the same rubber. Those premier tires are a lot better than the tires that come on the CX-5. Also better to than all the other Pacifica options according to that review.

I’d also add there are other CUVs that accelerate faster, stop faster, and have higher skid pad numbers than the CX-5. Yet the reviewers consistently prefer the CX-5 to most of them. Only one I ever see ranked higher is the CR-V which has its own shortcomings.

Lastly Mazda themselves says they are not trying to have the best this number or that number. But are focused more on real world driving where the car is responsive and predictable.

On mine the transmission downshifts readily and holds the correct gear on long hills. That ZF 9 speed with FCA programming is horrendous.

Go test drive it. Take it to your house and go up and down your driveway and tell us ho you feel then.
Yeah as someone who takes corners at the limit all the time, I'd never try to do that in a van lol.

Back