This is why I have AWD...

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
Insurance sales rep came to my house (by appointment today). She drove a Honda Odessey. The tires were "meh" to say the least. Anyway, she couldn't get out of my estate, and then she dropped the thing in a hole. It was a major PITA and rutted the hell out of my drive, which I had to then also fix after I drove it out of the hole and up the drive for her.

30073405_986049253831_4583042806041760362_o.jpg

After fixing the drive:
29745036_986049363611_4378328827016291669_o.jpg

That doesn't look like anything a decent front driver couldn't handle. There must be more to the story than that!

That doesn't look like anything a decent front driver couldn't handle. There must be more to the story than that!

The story is that photos make it seem a lot "flatter" than it is...nothing more to the story. Anyone who visits me without AWD has issues if they don't get a running start. This might help add perspective:

26840981_965698222461_5466330627087421037_o.jpg

Hmm...I'll have to get a pic of my old mountain driveway one of these days. That's nothing Unob. :p

Looks like that driveway could benefit from several loads of fresh gravel.

Looks like that driveway could benefit from several loads of fresh gravel.

It certainly could, but I am also debating paving it, and then there is the aspect of finances where I am looking to buy another section of property, and the drive works for now, so the gravel situation is kindof in limbo. I also live on the river, and may just haul the rock up myself as a form of work out and free source of gravel.

Which part was fixed? It looks like you took the photos from two different positions.

The ruts she dug. She would take off at about 10mph, and lose momentum half-way up, and just sit and spin twin ruts in it, and back down, and try again, several times before she got it stuck in the hole to the right of the drive at the bottom and I came out and solved the problem.

What percentage of grade is your driveway? The pics really don’t show the angle.

I don't know the percent.
1449u1c.jpg

The ruts she dug. She would take off at about 10mph, and lose momentum half-way up, and just sit and spin twin ruts in it, and back down, and try again, several times before she got it stuck in the hole to the right of the drive at the bottom and I came out and solved the problem.

I just pictured you slowly coming out from the woods with a shovel (to fix the road of course) and creepily approach the van as the frightened lady tried to speed off for her life.

I just pictured you slowly coming out from the woods with a shovel (to fix the road of course) and creepily approach the van as the frightened lady tried to speed off for her life.

Lol...she probably couldn't get out fast enough

Plot twist: she works for the paving company on the side.

I drove it out of the hole and up the drive for her.

You drove her FWD car out of the hole and up the drive. Not AWD.

I drove it out of the hole and up the drive for her.

You drove her FWD car out of the hole and up the drive. Not AWD.

Yes, and I spun all the way tore the drive up further.

INTERNET. Noun. 1. A place where people will try to tell you that they know more about something they never were in the same zip code with, than you, who lived the something. 2. A place where everyone is an expert.

Back