This is why I have AWD...

I mowed the lawn today and decided to explain in pictures why I'd choose to live 45 minutes from work in a place that I NEED AWD. I gave up sports cars for this, basically, but I DID at least retain high-speed internet :) (if you call 9.5 down and 2 up "high speed"...it's good enough for FPS's as my ping is low).

River forms the northern property border, and is 50 feet to the left of the gazebo in the second picture.
32105270_993090373371_2916695578995851264_o.jpg

32096085_993090538041_2098303244508856320_o.jpg

Buying this currently (under contract) which is adjacent to my property current, and will double my water frontage from 3 to 600 feet. Photo taken across the meadow with the gazebo from t he second picture as the focal point in the distance at about 11 o'clock in the photo.:
32116331_993090607901_5218899758772387840_o.jpg

Last edited:
Uno, truly that is the way to live.

I greatly miss living up in the mountains. You have a good thing going there. (thumb)

What do you use to mow?

YazooKees 48" commercial zero-turn mower with 18hp Briggs.
Later this year I am planning to upgrade to a 60" or so Exmark with 23hp, since I'm buying more land and will have more to cut. It's a bit much with the 48" deck. I estimate I'm cutting around 5-6 acres, now. I had to go over it twice to get a proper cut because the previous owner had not been mowing it, and that took a total of about 5 hours. 3.5 or so on the first pass, 1.5 on the second pass. That is just the additional acreage. Since I mow, or try to, once a week, I am hoping my total estate mowing time will be around 4-4.5 hours at present, and the Exmark will cut it to around 3.

Last edited:
It is nice but there's no way in hell I take care of that. If it was mine it would become a nature preserve. [emoji16]

Really nice property Unobtanium but it would be too much for us at this stage. We want a small 1-story house saving time for something else, not spending time to maintain a big house and property. :)

It is nice but there's no way in hell I take care of that. If it was mine it would become a nature preserve. [emoji16]

That's why I liked living in the mountains. Lawn? What the hell is a lawn? If you gave me a lawn now, I'd have no idea what to do to take care of it. I've never even owned or used a lawn-mower before.

Granted, pine needles and things like that needed to be cleaned up, but that was usually a once a year affair.

Haha yea maintaining my small city lot is enough for me. If I had a property like that I’d probably either let nature be or hire someone which I’m sure would cost a small fortune.

Back