Does Walk Away Lock turn on alarm?

Some people do but my actual point is when an alarm sounds off, it's coming from a general area/direction and people may/will look, not see the actual event and then ignore it and look away.

Generally speaking they won't go and investigate

right but what happens if its your car when your walking back to it from the store? i would love to know from a noise its being tampered with.

what happens if its in your driveway or parked in front of your house in the street and someone breaks into and an alarm goes off? i would love to know my car is being broken into with a noise, then a auto company choosing to not produce a noise because there is a study that say people ignore it.

While noise pollution might not always work, its a common feature to have and again its a deterrent.

As stated, it is no longer a common feature - at least here because it's pretty much not considered a deterrent any more.

People just ignore it in most instances.

Each to their own.

As stated, it is no longer a common feature - at least here because it's pretty much not considered a deterrent any more.

People just ignore it in most instances.

Each to their own.

its an extremely common feature, i have never seen a car without it. this whole thread is about me assuming the car had that feature as its expected, due to it being so common.

its an extremely common feature, i have never seen a car without it. this whole thread is about me assuming the car had that feature as its expected, due to it being so common.

Maybe there but not everywhere.

If I have read this thread properly, an alarm on the CX-5 is not a "standard feature"

Happy to be corrected.

mmm... no. Your location says "Bay Area" but are you from elsewhere in the world? Unless you're talking about something else, nowadays in the US a car with a motion alarm is pretty unusual. I literally haven't seen one in a new car from the factory in 15 years at least. Even aftermarket is rare these days, though most manufacturers will offer it as a dealer installed option.

Besides being a nuisance, they don't really do anything - if someone breaks your window, they still steal whatever is sitting in sight and now you have a noisy busted car minus your goods. The best deterrent is to not leave things in sight.

Immobilizers are a different story. Most new cars have those as part of the push button start system.

The whole time I’ve been talking about a basic alarm not sure where it got twisted.

Also just cus you don’t view it as a deterrent doesn’t mean it isn’t.

If my alarm goes off at 3am and some punk ass is there. I’m going out with a baseball bat.

The whole time I’ve been talking about a basic alarm not sure where it got twisted.

If my alarm goes off at 3am and some punk ass is there. I’m going out with a baseball bat.

lol alright dude. Prolly gonna meet a cat.

Put the driver window down, turn off CX5, exit said CX5, allow system to lock doors, wait 1 min. (No reason, just wait), keep key fob 30 feet away from CX5, walk up reach in, open door.. see if the horn honks, and honks, and honks.. if so you have an alarm.. not a cool alarm with different tones, but still an annoying alarm...

Actually came here to say this. Had this thought while at dinner tonight. It's a good point.
It's not the point of what if someone tries to get in to it while I'm at the mall? When it goes off at 2am in my driveway, it's nice to have.

So it sounds like the 2018 CX5 GT does not have an alarm system. Dammit, I submitted my insurance last night saying it did - wonder how it not having an alarm system will impact my rates =D

Did you ever go out and test this? Just curious if your results were any different.

Don't think we have an alarm...never went off............then again what's with the blinking red dash lights a few seconds after locking with key fob?

To fool people? LOL:)

We do but it’s a factory one which doesn’t have all the sensors you typically have on aftermarket. You know the ones that go off if it’s raining or if you look at it funny.

Don't think we have an alarm...never went off............then again what's with the blinking red dash lights a few seconds after locking with key fob?

To fool people? LOL:)

There is an immobilizer, the dash light is for that; then again, almost every car with a push button start has that.

There is an immobilizer, the dash light is for that; then again, almost every car with a push button start has that.

Many with traditional keys have that light too. I always thought it was [a fake way] to indicate an active alarm. Maybe it used to be just that.

Back