How do I get the Infotainment volume to reduce when the navigation lady speaks

:
2023 CX-5 Preferred AWD
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD

I can set the Navigation Lady volume independently from the Infotainment system (IS). I expected the IS volume to go down when the Nav Lady gives audible directions. Currently I get competing audio. I can mute the IS when the Nav Lady starts, but that's a hassle and I miss some of the directions.

Thanks in advance.

That seems like a bit of an oversight. Perhaps when Android Auto comes along...?
Thanks gdluke.

AFAIK it isn't an oversight. It would be hard to understand if both infotainment volume and navigation volume were set the same

AFAIK it isn't an oversight. It would be hard to understand if both infotainment volume and navigation volume were set the same

The point is that if anyone at Mazda was thinking the music would either mute or the volume be reduced when the Nav speaks.

Just tell the tiny woman living in the dash to turn it down before talking

The sound from the GPS lady comes out from the driver side speakers when music is being being played. Music stops coming out from the driver side speakers when GPS instructions are being played.

The sound from the GPS lady comes out from the driver side speakers when music is being being played. Music stops coming out from the driver side speakers when GPS instructions are being played.
I think this is an option you have to enable or disable in the infotainment/navigation settings. Might be why the OP is having trouble.

I did notice the Nav Lady's voice coming out on my side of the car, which is a help, I suppose, but the music was still at the set volume... If there is an option out there...please point me in the right direction. Is there an update on Android Auto? Perhaps the Android Lady will turn down the music.

I did notice the Nav Lady's voice coming out on my side of the car, which is a help, I suppose, but the music was still at the set volume... If there is an option out there...please point me in the right direction. Is there an update on Android Auto? Perhaps the Android Lady will turn down the music.

Change the setting in the infotainment/navigation settings so that it mutes music during navigation voice.

Yes but the other speakers are still at same volume level.

Simple solution when lady speaks, press volume + and increase her volume level

The simple solution is the have the music muted or attenuated when the Nav speaks. Which is does not and I certainly don't see any setting to change this. Other manufacturers get this but not Mazda.

....annnnnnd no. I can find no setting in the system, nor reference in the literature. Does anyone know when Android Auto capability will be available? I've got a 2018 and, as I understand it, am eligible for the install.

It DOES reduce the volume the left speaker. At least in 16.
I prefer this way. I don't need the whole car to mute?!?

Try to increase or max the GPS lady's volume. This can be done in the Guidance settings under Nav setting menu i believe.

Off topic: I have a 2018 as well. But i doubt Mazda would provide us a free retrofit for AA. :( but im trying to be positive.

Try to increase or max the GPS lady's volume. This can be done in the Guidance settings under Nav setting menu i believe.

Off topic: I have a 2018 as well. But i doubt Mazda would provide us a free retrofit for AA. :( but im trying to be positive.
You don't need to do that. The volume knob affects whatever is active. So if you adjust it while she is speaking it will adjust her. You'll even see the volume indicator change to show that. Likewise if you're on the phone.

Back