Sony XAV-AX100 and CX-5 Mic

Caspan

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Hey guys and gals. I just bought a Sony XAV-AX100 that I am going to install on my 2013 CX-5 that has the Bluetooth stereo installed. I wanted to know from anyone else if there is a way that I can get to from the Audio wiring harness the mic that is already built into the CX-5? It would have to be there already for the existing unit so I was hoping it was an analog mic and not a digital one.. Does anyone have any experience using the builtin CX-5 mic insted of the crappy lapel clip on mic they give you?

I was thinking about buying a ax100 as well, sorry i cant help with the mic part but never had any issues in other cars with the mics that came with the aftermarket radio,

id love to see some picture of it when its installed in the dash,

best of luck

I have it coming from Clutchfield so for sure ill post, just talking to a company that does installs i was told that the mic and USB are proprietary to the Mazda stereo but he thinks there is an adapter for it, he is getting back to me about price and if it works!

I have it coming from Clutchfield so for sure ill post, just talking to a company that does installs i was told that the mic and USB are proprietary to the Mazda stereo but he thinks there is an adapter for it, he is getting back to me about price and if it works!
With respect to the USB adapter ..there is one from axxess that it doesn't work....I changed my headunits to android Chinese one and it came with other Mazda usb adapter...and it doesn't work as well so the usb on armrest can't be enabled without rewiring

Not sure if it was RedBaron or who posted about putting an aftermarket mic in the factory location. The factory mic is I believe a powered mic with more wires. The aftermarket does not work optimally in the factory overhead center console location. They seem to work best without an enclosed space behind them such as hanging from rear view mirror area or near the gaues on the steering wheel center shaft.

So I have this diagram that shows the connection form the light area to the back of the audio connection so it would seem that all the connection for the mic is right there... and is exposed on the back side of the audio header. It also shows 2 wires that go off to the Bluetooth unit as well. I can only assume those 2 going off to the Bluetooth unit is the mic lines.... I can't tell what the other 3 cables would be for?? I am assuming power, ground, something? Below is an attachment of the PDF i have for the wiring to the center roof console. Any ideas anyone?

View attachment ACFrOgB8MVNHWdxMCLY-O5LqAA69vD3oiEi6KtPbx1ditOO9-bB5UkQGHBuv3VNU0nkzoBGqc5NheNZA7NxX7isX9TYw352F.pdf

Hey was curious how the rest of the install went:
Were you able to get the head unit working with the factory microphone?
How well does it integrate with the steering wheel controls? Curious if the Talk button works to trigger Google Assistant when running Android auto.
Have you got the backup camera working and automatically displaying when reversing?
Can you post some pics of the final result? Curious how deep the head unit sits in the dash.

Thanks!

Hey was curious how the rest of the install went:
Were you able to get the head unit working with the factory microphone?
How well does it integrate with the steering wheel controls? Curious if the Talk button works to trigger Google Assistant when running Android auto.
Have you got the backup camera working and automatically displaying when reversing?
Can you post some pics of the final result? Curious how deep the head unit sits in the dash.

Thanks!

I just installed the Sony XAV-AX100 in my CX-5 - see post here https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123826557-What-Did-You-Do-for-Your-CX-5-Today&p=6604229&viewfull=1#post6604229

- I installed the Sony microphone under the grill on top of the dash so it's totally hidden, it works fine there and calls/Siri work without issue.
- I've got the Connects2 steering wheel adapter which I don't think is available in the USA but is pretty basic - I get steering wheel volume and back/forward track control and that's it! I've read that the PAC adapters can get more buttons working so I might look into that in the future, having the voice control button mapped to Siri would be especially useful.
- The reverse camera works although I had to figure out that the wiring adapter and Sony leads had the reverse and handbrake trigger wires reversed - one big pro of the Sony is that you can use the reverse camera within a couple of seconds of starting the car - i.e. you don't have to wait for the Sony to boot completely which is useful as it takes around 15-20 seconds to fully boot
- Pics are in the post I've linked - I did modify the Metra fascia adapter as from the factory it's pretty sucky - it mounts the head unit way too deep in the dash and flat, so that it's very difficult to use - especially the volume knob. I cut out the plastic that faces towards the head unit so that I could slot it all the way through and use the Sony's trim ring as a 'finisher' - mostly to hide the awful job I did cutting the fascia up! It sits really nicely though and is possible thanks to the Sony's single DIN rear section.

Putting the microphone under the grill (i assume center?) is a great idea.

I was curious what the parking/hand brake wire is for. What is that used for? Good to know it's reversed with the reverse signal.

Putting the microphone under the grill (i assume center?) is a great idea.

I was curious what the parking/hand brake wire is for. What is that used for? Good to know it's reversed with the reverse signal.

Yeah, the centre one - removing the factory GPS antenna makes a hole big enough to pass the microphone through, so no cutting or permanent changes are required.
The parking/hand brake cable is for Android Auto only I think, which is restricted unless it sees the brake is on (wire is grounded).

I just installed the Sony XAV-AX100 in my CX-5 - see post here https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123826557-What-Did-You-Do-for-Your-CX-5-Today&p=6604229&viewfull=1#post6604229

- The reverse camera works although I had to figure out that the wiring adapter and Sony leads had the reverse and handbrake trigger wires reversed - one big pro of the Sony is that you can use the reverse camera within a couple of seconds of starting the car - i.e. you don't have to wait for the Sony to boot completely which is useful as it takes around 15-20 seconds to fully boot

Can you say more about which wires are reversed? I did the same install and cant get the backup camera to work. Thanks!

Can you say more about which wires are reversed? I did the same install and can*t get the backup camera to work. Thanks!

So I used the Connects2 vehicle harness adapter (http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTSMZ007.2) which has bullet connectors for the handbrake (green) and reverse (purple) trigger wires. The Sony ISO lead also had these connectors which were the same colour and labelled the same.

However the functions of the leads on the Connects2 harness were reversed - the green wire switched 12v with reverse gear, and the purple wire became shorted to ground with the handbrake. I don't know the wire colours of the Mazda harness but the two pins in question are on the main connector along the lower row of small pins.

Back