LED Headlights on the Mazda5

$20 LED Low beam, $5 LED city light

Foglight: left is stock, right is LED yellow foglight

021df629ab4bd25acc4.jpg

I just ordered this today. The $20 one isn't great afterward.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.c1e02e8dCoENKx&id=555842208954&_u=okhpl0k03a1
$63 a pair LED...

I will do some review afterward

May I know which LED Chips are the $20 versions? The $63 ones are apparently using CSP chips and being 360deg and 4 sided, i believe its much brighter than the 2 sided CSP chips I'm using. Having used both COB & CSP chips, the CSP offers a brighter light & further distance on the road. Now i'm contemplating to change to XHP50 or XHP70 chips which are among the brightest LEDs in the market. Thanks for sharing

Tried the $20 Chinese LED headlights (left) and it seems not much different from the stock Halogen + projector. So I bought this $65 kit (right) that says the LED are from Samsung, 360deg, and 32W, better design bla bla bla

n39bfd.jpg

I get to say it is so much better, it is 5000k and the brightness is close to the Toyota LED headlights on my Alphard. Good that my Mazda 5 has power adjustable headlight from the dash, so it won't blind the other drivers

ou9mb8.jpg

adlsoh.jpg

29eg2t4.jpg

Man that looks good

Do the 2012 have h11 for low beam headlight?
Time to get some ledd

Wow...that looks like a lot of glare in the shot behind the Toyota.

Hey asian_xl
Do you have details or a link to the Samsung kit please? I've not seen 360 LEDs before. Also, a photo of low beam on a wall showing the light cut off pattern?

FYI, I fitted NightEye LED bulbs to my '08 this weekend. Low and high beam. Fantastic performance!

I'll write a thread separately for the process as I'm an engineer and got fancy with the installation, nothing complicated, just clever fabrication... But here's a (poor) pic of the low beam pattern on the wall and the light output is great. High/full beam is something else, I believe aircraft can see me coming with those on! Lights up signs in broad daylight! No pics as I'm driving while using those but I'll try pull over and snap one.
a31421ff803b95164e085e7e57854f7e.jpg

PS: left beam was dirty, is very similar to right cut off (UK pattern).

Update, beam patterns at night...

Dipped:

550856699d3897d6ec171da24d4aaf36.jpg

Clean cut off, left lens is dirty. Light is well focussed and lights the road from in front all the way up to the cutoff with excellent edge lighting and all road signs glow well from the extra haze output but haven't had any issues with dazzling incoming drivers.

Main:

5d611b070b691e84a0eec23c7d4a9807.jpg

Main beam is very focussed and penetrates the night for an incredible distance whilst still brightening the edges of the road and provides fantastic light.

Installation thread finished now also.

Back