New feature - 360 view.

i have the around view option on my Infiniti. the only camera that needs regular cleaning is the rear one.

Good to know. Hopefully that proves to be true on the Mazda implementation. I do like the cameras and with shrinking visibility on modern cars I feel like it’s becoming needed.

I drove cars with the 360 view and IMO I do not see it practical, having mirrors on the side and back up camera.
More electronics may bring more issues.

180208_cx5_safety_hero.ts.1802080229320000.jpg

They do have this feature availble for the CX-5 currently selling in Japan.. so i think with JDM parts upgrades is totally possible. :p

For anyone who's used one: how are the side views from the 360 camera useful?

I see 360 view is now added to the available options. I wonder which markets will get it offered?

We are getting it on the top spec Akera when it's released hopefully very shortly.

FYI - On Mazda Japan's website, I have watched videos on it albeit it's using a Mazda 3

Where do you see it and is it for all cars or just the Mazda 6?

Vehicles that I am aware of that have it as a standard feature albeit on top spec models:

• Mazda 6
  • Mazda CX-8
  • Mazda CX-5

Gradually it will expand to other models.

I think the cameras are only good for parking situations nothing for driving.

Parallel parking and parking lots it makes sense

I've never had any issues just using mirrors/windows in any of my cars.

The 'standard' backup camera on current Mazda's certainly helps you see anything low you might miss in a mirror/looking out the back window, so that's certainly helpful in some situations.

But I just don't see how this 360 system is any better than mirrors and a backup cam...? Maybe I'm just getting old lol

I've never had any issues just using mirrors/windows in any of my cars.

The 'standard' backup camera on current Mazda's certainly helps you see anything low you might miss in a mirror/looking out the back window, so that's certainly helpful in some situations.

But I just don't see how this 360 system is any better than mirrors and a backup cam...? Maybe I'm just getting old lol

360 should help prevent kerb rash on your rims

If you have mirrors set up for use while driving they aren’t helpful for parking up close like parallel. Maybe this is why rental cars have them in so far I see the side of my car not the car in the next lane over. Also it helps for low obstacles like say kids or their stuff in the driveway. Also modern cars have a lot of thick pillars creating more blind spots as well.

Imo it’s more useful on something large and higher off the ground like a CX-9 vs the 6 or 3. Still useful either way and I would spec it if available.

I cracked the bumper on my ST once because of some built up snow on the side of the driveway that has frozen solid. Was too low and towards the front of the car to see out the window or via mirror.

Yup for parking specifically in tight situations.

I think the cameras are only good for parking situations nothing for driving.

Parallel parking and parking lots it makes sense

Do they have distance markings like the backup camera? What do they show you that you can't see out the windows?

Back