18 CX5 GT Steering Rattle

cdmorenot88

:
2018 CX5 GT
Hello all,

My very first post here - Glad to be a member.

I recently purchased a GT I have about 2500 KMs on it - It is a South American spec with all the bells and whistles.

I have driven the CX5 on some uneven and unpaved roads but nothing my old GLI could not handle.

Ever since new I noticed a rattle/noise that I can only describe as a marble inside of a cardboard box with the corresponding steering wheel feel or feedback associated with that noise while driving on this rough road (About 2KM each way on weekends)

Today, I heard it while going over a bump on the paved road...

Are there any known issues with the CX5 suspension or steering components that I should know ? I'm hoping to go back to dealer and test drive their demo to see if I can replicate - Problem is this will be tough as the CX5 is considered to be a high-end vehicle here so no chance of a loaner.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

I had a similar noise that may have been one in a million but...

The first time I opened the hood, I couldn't find the prop. I found it way back against the firewall, loose.

It was rattling around back there. Go figure.

I had a similar noise that may have been one in a million but...

The first time I opened the hood, I couldn't find the prop. I found it way back against the firewall, loose.

It was rattling around back there. Go figure.
Today I noticed the cable for the hood release does rub/hit against the kick panel there. I'll zip tie it tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully more comes along so I can play process of elimination.

Last edited:
Back