Bluetooth issues

:
2016 CX-9 GT AWD
Let me start off by saying the 17 cx5 GT is the best car I've owned but it is not without infotainment problems. I'm not going to b**** about the lack of AA/ACP but rather on what we have right now.

It takes way too long to connect to my phone. My wife's old car was a 2012 toyota carolla and the bluetooth would pair after the ignition started in about 5 seconds or so. With the Mazda, a 2017 for that matter, it takes around 20 seconds before what's playing on my phone reaches the car audio. Not a huge deal, but enough to wonder why. I tried not syncing contacts and it helped maybe a little.

The other bluetooth issue I run into is when I start my car with my phone on me, then walk away and go back to my car (for instance, starting it up when it's cold in the morning to let it warm up), the system glitches out and although it sees my phone as being paired and in range, no data is being transmitted from my phone to the car. Toggling bluetooth on/off in the infotainment doesn't work, toggling bluetooth on/off on my phone doesn't work, disconnecting from infotainment, deleting, and repairing the phone doesn't even work, and neither does restarting the car! I have to shut my car off, walk far enough away from my car with my phone so that it loses its range, then it works again. I know this can be fixed with a patch but holy hell how does this pass QA.

Yea the system is pretty useless for the first few minutes after you start up. I’ve owned several other cars where it was ready to go almost immediately. Hopefully they improve this with future updates and we can get version 2.

Your problems sound familiar to mine with my 2016 Touring. Sometimes BT works fine, sometimes not. The dealer did a software update last month which helped to some extent, but the infotainment system just doesn’t match the quality of the rest of the vehicle IMHO.

One thing to try is turn off contact sync - every time - this can cause long delays. I don't need to resync contacts every time.
Btw, my Lexus did the same pairing problem - had to shut car off. I haven't had it on my mazdaconnect

One thing to try is turn off contact sync - every time - this can cause long delays. I don't need to resync contacts every time.
Btw, my Lexus did the same pairing problem - had to shut car off. I haven't had it on my mazdaconnect

Oh I need to try this. That sync delay is irritating!

Back