2017 CX-5 GS - Can you really not turn entertainment off?

The Guardian

:
2017 CX-5 GS
Apparently from other threads all you can do is mute it?

And sometimes it unmutes itself.

And I listen exclusively to music on USB sticks, so it either keeps playing, or I have to change it to radio first, then mute it, hope the radio doesn't unmute, and switch back to usb.

Is it possible to reprogram something (maybe the rarely-used Favourites button) to be just an on/off button?

My biggest pet-peeve with my two previous Mazdas was when my wife leaves the radio on and I get blasted with music as soon as I turn it on (or wakes up the neighbours when I remote-start). Now I have no way to avoid it? I just got the car on Thursday and I already want to take it back over this and a few other more minor issues. :(

I can mute mine when using USB. Then when I start it up again it's still on mute. I use the control noob to mute it but I do agree that there should be a way to just turn it off and on if needed.

I’ll have to look to see if there is a startup volume. My GTI has it so if I say had it cranked up driving home at night it won’t blast me the next morning.

Two ideas before turning off the car:
1- lower the volume to 0 rather than mute
2- switch to an inactive input

I'm with the OP on this one, hit mute and it does just that yet the track will carry on playing, same with the CD and when your'e stationary you can hear it spinning in the background. Sadly there isn't a "start up volume" either. If I'm in an unfamiliar city in busy traffic I like to go without the music, and often forget to put it back on for a few miles; then when I do the USB is on a different album.

Only way round it I've got is set to DAB radio first, providing I remember. Like the nav feature - very poorly thought out!

Alex.

With the AIO Tweak, it will pause the song when you hit the mute button and then un-pause it when you remove the mute.

I'm with the OP on this one, hit mute and it does just that yet the track will carry on playing, same with the CD and when your'e stationary you can hear it spinning in the background. Sadly there isn't a "start up volume" either. If I'm in an unfamiliar city in busy traffic I like to go without the music, and often forget to put it back on for a few miles; then when I do the USB is on a different album.

Only way round it I've got is set to DAB radio first, providing I remember. Like the nav feature - very poorly thought out!

Alex.

Why do you go without music? My nav soeaks over my music on the drivers side? Is the uk different?

Or cant you pause your music on usb or switch to radio?

I’ll have to look to see if there is a startup volume. My GTI has it so if I say had it cranked up driving home at night it won’t blast me the next morning.

Nope, Mazda didn't see fit to implement a start up volume feature. VW on the other hand did a great job of it.

For those who don't know how this works. A max volume setting is selected for start up so that no matter what the setting was when the car is turned off the volume never goes above the selected level when the car is started. How hard can it be for Mazda to do this?

What I miss from my VW is when you turn the car off, the radio keeps playing until you open the drivers side door. Is there anyway to set Mazda Connect to do the same thing?

What I miss from my VW is when you turn the car off, the radio keeps playing until you open the drivers side door. Is there anyway to set Mazda Connect to do the same thing?

Hold down the shift button on the gear selection and then press the power button. It will keep the car in accessory mode, but you'll have to press the power button again to shut it down completely after that.

That basically does the same thing as shutting it off while not in Park. Definitely not the same thing.

Apparently from other threads all you can do is mute it?

And sometimes it unmutes itself.

And I listen exclusively to music on USB sticks, so it either keeps playing, or I have to change it to radio first, then mute it, hope the radio doesn't unmute, and switch back to usb.

Is it possible to reprogram something (maybe the rarely-used Favourites button) to be just an on/off button?

My biggest pet-peeve with my two previous Mazdas was when my wife leaves the radio on and I get blasted with music as soon as I turn it on (or wakes up the neighbours when I remote-start). Now I have no way to avoid it? I just got the car on Thursday and I already want to take it back over this and a few other more minor issues. :(

You can't turn off radio/music. It's been this way since day one of MZD Connect

Best to just turn the volume down to zero.

On occasion if you use mute, after a while (especially on start up) the unit forgets that you've pressed mute

Why do you go without music? My nav soeaks over my music on the drivers side? Is the uk different?

Or cant you pause your music on usb or switch to radio?

If you drive in some of our UK cities you'd know why. Only Paris & Italy are worse as far as I'm concerned. OK where I'm familiar with the lay-out but sometimes there's a cacophony of city noise, new road lay-outs and along with cyclists, pedestrians and buses you need all your senses at times. It's a habit of mine and I don't want to miss some good music whilst I'm concentrating.

If you drive in some of our UK cities you'd know why. Only Paris & Italy are worse as far as I'm concerned. OK where I'm familiar with the lay-out but sometimes there's a cacophony of city noise, new road lay-outs and along with cyclists, pedestrians and buses you need all your senses at times. It's a habit of mine and I don't want to miss some good music whilst I'm concentrating.

Driving in Leicester and Birmingham are my vision of hell. I totally agree with you Alex as I do the same and leave the music to the open road.

Back