Mazda "Feel Alive" launch commercial

mifanning

:
2017 Mazda CX9 Signature in machine gray
So I understand that the new Mazda marketing campaign will launch during the NCAA March Madness finals. Here's a link to the disappointing spot. Sadly, the best thing about the advert is the slo-mo Vision Coupe shot at :33 and other product shots, which show the beauty and grace of the Mazda product line. The advert is completely upended by the saccharine and cloying voice over (really annoying) and hackneyed story line. Mazda, you can do better!

Last edited:
So I understand that the new Mazda marketing campaign will launch during the NCAA March Madness finals. Here's a link to the disappointing spot. Sadly, the best thing about the advert is the slo-mo Vision Coupe shot at :33 and other product shots, which show the beauty and grace of the Mazda product line. The advert is completely upended by the saccharine and cloying voice over (really annoying) and hackneyed story line. Mazda, you can do better!

Agree. Mazda does not seem to get it. Nobody "feels alive" when driving a car. I notice you live in Charleston, the place with more Panamera's being driven 10 mph below the speed limit than anywhere else in the world.

Agree. Mazda does not seem to get it. Nobody "feels alive" when driving a car. I notice you live in Charleston, the place with more Panamera's being driven 10 mph below the speed limit than anywhere else in the world.
Ha! Yes, I do live in Charleston and have noted a few Porshe Panamera's cruising around. There are also quite a few Volvo SUVs (BTW, Volvo is building its first North American facility just up the road in Summerville) and BMW SUVs. Of course, BMW has its largest manufacturing site in the world in Spartanburg, S.C. and many of its SUVs ship out of the port of Charleston. I own a condo that faces the Cooper River Bridge and can see the roll-on, roll-off ship opposite of our condo that transports those BMWs around the world. Cheers, Michael
5804fd00daaab.image.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully Mazda will look at the YouTube comments on their "Feel Alive" spot and realize they missed the mark and not waste anymore ad dollars on this campaign.

I saw the New York auto show announcement introducing the "Feel Alive" campaign and felt like they missed an opportunity. They tout their KODO - Soul of Motion design so why not play off that and make their tagline Mazda: The Soul of Driving? That would be more in keeping with their marketing and design strategy of making vehicles for drivers. "Feel Alive" is just so non-descript.

Zoom Zoom got old but at least they made the ad fun and...get this...showed you the cars they had on sale.

It was also memorable and made an impact.

Last edited:
Back