2014 cx5 rear body metal on metal squeaking

Cx5NY

:
2014 cx5 touring AWD
Hi everyone!

New here, will be around for awhile just purchased a 2014 cx5 touring AWD on Sunday. Love the car but noticed a pretty loud squeaking over bumps coming from the rear of the car. Already ruled out the foam by spare tire and the rear seat. It could be the hatch but seems to come from the rear driver side wheel well. It sounds like metal on metal screeching and last for maybe a quarter of a second over I'd say about a third of all the bumps the car goes over. It happens consistently sometimes and not too often other times. Has any one else come across an issue like this?

I had a similar squeaking sound on my brand-new CX-5. Removing and reseating the top plastic trim on the inside of the rear hatch, near the 3rd brake light, seems to have silenced it.

Thanks for the replies guys, I noticed after I took delivery of the car the rear spoiler is loose and rattles. Its more of a loose plastic sound though rather than a metal on metal squeal but it's worth a shot lol. Also I have read the striker plate on the hatch may need to be adjusted. I'll check both and report back

Back