Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 307

Thread: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

  1. #286
    Registered Member Srad600's Avatar

    2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Chino hills, California
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitwolf View Post
    Does anybody know if ACP will have a way to write text messages through voice?
    Yes. Just use Siri. Siri voice recognition is much better than Mazda voice recognition.

  2. #287
    Registered Member phxzoom's Avatar

    2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray / 2018 MX-5 GT Machine Gray

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Atxyde View Post
    LOL, and I just received the parts.
    You could surely find a buyer in no time if you do end up getting it for free. Also keep in mind that whatever Mazda NA ends up doing for the US wonít necessarily apply to PR. I think in your case it might ultimately depend on how Bella wants to roll it out.

  3. #288
    Registered Member Atxyde's Avatar

    Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by phxzoom View Post
    You could surely find a buyer in no time if you do end up getting it for free. Also keep in mind that whatever Mazda NA ends up doing for the US won*t necessarily apply to PR. I think in your case it might ultimately depend on how Bella wants to roll it out.
    I asked to one of the service "advisors" about the upgrade and he didn't know what I was talking about. He was very surprised about it. I don't think Bella hve a clue about the upgrade so waiting for them is not an option. The installation procress is very easy so I'll do it myself.

  4. #289
    Registered Member phxzoom's Avatar

    2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray / 2018 MX-5 GT Machine Gray

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    84

    Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

    Quote Originally Posted by Atxyde View Post
    I asked to one of the service "advisors" about the upgrade and he didn't know what I was talking about. He was very surprised about it. I don't think Bella hve a clue about the upgrade so waiting for them is not an option. The installation procress is very easy so I'll do it myself.
    Yup... theyíre always kind of late to the party. But donít throw away the stock usb hub just in case they eventually offer it free for you. That way you could undo the install, have them do their install, and sell the extra kit.
    Last edited by phxzoom; 11-07-2018 at 10:34 PM.

  5. #290
    Registered Member

    2014 Mazda 3

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Bayside
    Posts
    92
    Just got word, CarPlay is $450 plus tax here in Huntington, NY...what are the prices you all getting?

  6. #291
    Registered Member

    2017 Crystal Mica Blue GT CX9

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    52
    I finished this mod, IMO Android Auto is a game changer but the higher current output is also a significant improvement. I also used this opportunity to run some wiring for my dash cam that's been hanging in space. It did take me 3 hours to do, including re-flashing the firmware to version 70.100

    There are a lot of good tips on here already but I will add some of mine, which may seem like basic but it was not apparent to me at get go. For the harness connections on the module side (USB connectors in the armrest cubby), the old module uses a single green connector, the new module uses two connections, a white and brown.

    The ends that go into the in dash's head unit are green and blue. In order to access these ports you have to remove the touch screen first which then gives you access to two bolts that hold the control unit in place. The ports will be behind this head unit. Likewise, you are removing the single connector and installing the two new ones.

    Luckily, Mazda idiot proofed these plugs so it is not possible to install them incorrectly.
    Last edited by aleki2424; 11-09-2018 at 11:36 AM.

  7. #292
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX9 GT 2018, Mazda3 2010

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by aleki2424 View Post
    I finished this mod, IMO Android Auto is a game changer but the higher current output is also a significant improvement. I also used this opportunity to run some wiring for my dash cam that's been hanging in space. It did take me 3 hours to do, including re-flashing the firmware to version 70.100

    There are a lot of good tips on here already but I will add some of mine, which may seem like basic but it was not apparent to me at get go. For the harness connections on the module side (USB connectors in the armrest cubby), the old module uses a single green connector, the new module uses two connections, a white and brown.

    The ends that go into the in dash's head unit are green and blue. In order to access these ports you have to remove the touch screen first which then gives you access to two bolts that hold the control unit in place. The ports will be behind this head unit. Likewise, you are removing the single connector and installing the two new ones.

    Luckily, Mazda idiot proofed these plugs so it is not possible to install them incorrectly.
    I am going to install it myself aleki2424. Only thing that I am uncomfortable at this point is the firmware upgrade. Can you please elaborate on how you did the firmware upgrade?

  8. #293
    Registered Member

    CX9

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    28
    one question- with carplay, will I be able to control the touchscreen when car is moving? Or will touchscreen be disabled, similar to the mazda infortainment setting? what about text messages via carplay?

  9. #294
    Registered Member

    2017 Crystal Mica Blue GT CX9

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik1516 View Post
    I am going to install it myself aleki2424. Only thing that I am uncomfortable at this point is the firmware upgrade. Can you please elaborate on how you did the firmware upgrade?
    This was the easiest part IMO. I suggest you read throughthe Mazda revolution thread, everything (literally) you need is outlined there
    https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...-here-now.html

    Summary:
    Do not install the AA/AC hardware before you flashed the update
    Firmware update process requires two .up files loaded onto your flash drive. Firmware is region specific so make sure you get the right files.
    You install the 70.100 "failsafe" file first and then the main 70.100 firmware. Takes about 45 mins total
    These folders are well organized and include a step by step guide published by Mazda
    If you are really OCD, there is a checksum tool verifier that you can use to check that the files do not get corrupted in the flashdrive read/ write process

  10. #295
    Registered Member Atxyde's Avatar

    Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by gocx9123 View Post
    one question- with carplay, will I be able to control the touchscreen when car is moving? Or will touchscreen be disabled, similar to the mazda infortainment setting? what about text messages via carplay?
    No, but you can use the controller knob. You can send/read text messages using Siri.

  11. #296
    Registered Member Atxyde's Avatar

    Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik1516 View Post
    I am going to install it myself aleki2424. Only thing that I am uncomfortable at this point is the firmware upgrade. Can you please elaborate on how you did the firmware upgrade?

    As aleki2424 said.

    Please, before doing anything read the file named '2018 FIRMWARE CMU UPDATE PROCEDURE-WORLDWIDE.pdf' completely from this location, https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqj...Auto%20INSTALL,and follow all instructions without jumping or skipping any step or recommendations.

  12. #297
    Registered Member phxzoom's Avatar

    2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray / 2018 MX-5 GT Machine Gray

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by gocx9123 View Post
    one question- with carplay, will I be able to control the touchscreen when car is moving? Or will touchscreen be disabled, similar to the mazda infortainment setting? what about text messages via carplay?
    Atxyde answered your question... Iíll just add that you can enable touchscreen in motion wit AIO tweaks.

  13. #298
    Registered Member

    2018 CX9 Sig

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    DC Metro
    Posts
    4
    Got a service appt for Nov 19 to install ACP module on my 2018 CX-9 Sig. Negotiated when car was purchased for invoice cost $315.00 parts and labor plus tax. I figure that*s worth it being part of the Apple ecosystem and to ensure the Mazda warranty remains intact. Hope this helps someone.

    Peace and blessings,

    Arman
    Last edited by Azeke; 11-09-2018 at 05:51 PM.

  14. #299
    Registered Member

    07 Speed3, 18 CX9

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    OAKLAND CA
    Posts
    51
    I'm still striking out trying to get a dealer to install it in the Bay Area. They say they're only doing 2018 3's and 6's right now...

    edit: NICE. The only one I had yet to call can do it on CX9's after the 20th!
    Last edited by warwick5s; 11-09-2018 at 09:20 PM.

  15. #300
    Registered Member Atxyde's Avatar

    Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    103
    I just completed the installation and upgrade an hour ago. It took 3.5 hours more or less. Everything went well and didn't encounter any major issues in the process. Happy with Carplay.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apple Carplay and Android Auto
    By MPCX in forum CX-9 Infotainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2018, 10:57 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 04:41 PM
  3. CarPlay and Android Auto coming soon to all Mazda
    By luckydwg in forum CX-9 Infotainment
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-23-2017, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 790
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 12:45 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2016, 06:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •