Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

I just installed the latest firmware update and assume the Apple Carplay or Android Auto options will not show until I install the new USB hub and cable set? which will be delivered to me on Wednesday.

Found my answer here

https://www.mazda6club.com/threads/...oidauto-install-instructions-all-here.440990/

..NOTE:
After 70.00.335C Firmware is installed you can run it and can use it in car normally, BUT YOU WILL NOT SEE CP/AA availability on the Connect screen Settings, etc.
Only UNTIL and AFTER you Install the TWO NEW Genuine Mazda Parts LAST.

The link for the cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_failsafe.up and cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_reinstall.up are not working anymore. Does anyone have the files still and can re-upload them somwhere?

Thank you!
Picking up an old thread because I am new to my 2016 CX-9 T which currently has 59.00.502 NA N. Everything I’m reading says I have to take a step with 70.00.100A (failsafe and reinstall) and then finally end at the latest 70.00.367A.

The questions are:
Are these the right steps or am I reading old news?
Where can I find these files to download?
Will it matter if I download to flash drive using MacOS?

I am a first timer with Android Auto.
The dealer set it up accurately so now I just have to get used to it.
This is a good video for someone new to this like me.....
It WAS / IS a super helpful video.
I can do anything I want with Google Maps.
My previous vehicle was a Mazda CX-5 with Mazda Navigation.
I like google Maps on this nice CX-9 screen even better!

I think I know the answer to this, but I'm posting here just to confirm.
When I have my android phone connected and I'm using Android Auto / Google Maps.....Is my usb cord CHARGING my phone's battery as well as providing a connection from my phone to the Android Auto screen?
In other words...If I left NJ and wanted to go to Charlotte NC all in one day.....and when I'm about to leave NJ, I plug in my phone to the CX-9s connection point and follow Google Maps for 9.5 hours...will my battery life be around the same as when I started the long journey? ...or....Does Google Maps running non stop put some drain on the phone's battery even though it is plugged in to the USB connection in the car?

I think I know the answer to this, but I'm posting here just to confirm.
When I have my android phone connected and I'm using Android Auto / Google Maps.....Is my usb cord CHARGING my phone's battery as well as providing a connection from my phone to the Android Auto screen?
In other words...If I left NJ and wanted to go to Charlotte NC all in one day.....and when I'm about to leave NJ, I plug in my phone to the CX-9s connection point and follow Google Maps for 9.5 hours...will my battery life be around the same as when I started the long journey? ...or....Does Google Maps running non stop put some drain on the phone's battery even though it is plugged in to the USB connection in the car?

I think it's going to depend on the phone, the settings on the phone, and what the phone is doing. For example, if you have the phone's display set to the maximum brightness with GMaps running in MultiView mode (PiP) while a game or something runs in the background, you'll likely experience a slower drain instead of a charge. If you set the brightness to half with only GMaps and an audio player running, it'll probably charge, just a little slower than normal. In most cases, the phone will continue to charge during the trip.

Like Sm1ke said. It should charge while connected. There was one user here who mentioned it wasn’t, but it seemed to be an isolated case and doesn’t seem to be the overall experience. The phone model, battery capacity and network usage/signal strength plays a big role in it. But for me if i go on a long drive with google map in use, i get to my destination with my phone at a higher charge level then at the start of my trip.

I don’t know about android auto, but in Apple CarPlay, the physical shortcut functions around the wheel also changes function base on wether you are using the mazda system or apple carplay. For example, if i am listening to the radio, pressing the physical music button next to the wheel brings me to the mazda radio control screen, but if i am listening to music from apple carplay, then pressing the same button brings me to the music app for apple carplay instead. Same for navigation. It is very handy a save a lot of steps when moving betweenthe mazda system and apple carplay. Another example: you are using google map with the fm radio playing: press the music button, you can check the name of the song playing, radio station, etc, then press navigation button, and you are instantly back in google map.

I think it's going to depend on the phone, the settings on the phone, and what the phone is doing. For example, if you have the phone's display set to the maximum brightness with GMaps running in MultiView mode (PiP) while a game or something runs in the background, you'll likely experience a slower drain instead of a charge. If you set the brightness to half with only GMaps and an audio player running, it'll probably charge, just a little slower than normal. In most cases, the phone will continue to charge during the trip.
Your 2nd hypothetical will be the reality for me. I use my phone at just a smidge over half brightness and I never play games on my phone. I can't think of anything that would run in the background.

Your 2nd hypothetical will be the reality for me. I use my phone at just a smidge over half brightness and I never play games on my phone. I can't think of anything that would run in the background.
When I disconnect my phone in my daily life and enter my home or workplace, COULD I just leave the USB cord connected or would that put some draining on the car's battery?

When I disconnect my phone in my daily life and enter my home or workplace, COULD I just leave the USB cord connected or would that put some draining on the car's battery?

You can leave it connected. I believe those outlets automatically "turn off" a few minutes after the car is turned off.

In any case: a USB cable that isn’t connected to a phone at the other end doesn’t draw power. So no issue there, my cables are left in the usb port all the time without the phone.

Back