Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

I have a 2017 CX-9, but it appears my CMU must not be compatible because I only see one brown port on the back. And it's not keyed correctly for the blue or green wires. What gives? I thought all the 2017 models and up were good to go?

Don't panic - I think I thought the same thing when I added the hardware to my 2016. IIRC you're not looking in the right spot. Post a picture.

Thank you. I went back and looked again and realized you have to remove the CMU because the USB ports are on the back of the CMU, not, as I first feared, on the front of the CMU or bottom of the display. Got it all buttoned back up and tested out. Thanks, forum!

Did the AA install on my cx9 2017. Is google map always in night mode? During the day it kinda hard to see in night mode. I can't find the option anywhere. Google map on my phone is setup for automatic switch between day and night.

FYI, disable night mode on the Samsung phone fix the issue.

Got it all installed today as it's finally a nice day out! One weird thing is that if I trigger Google Assistant using the steering wheel or Commander, it doesn't seem to record my voice. If I use the "Ok, Google" hot words to trigger my phone, then it works. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Got it all installed today as it's finally a nice day out! One weird thing is that if I trigger Google Assistant using the steering wheel or Commander, it doesn't seem to record my voice. If I use the "Ok, Google" hot words to trigger my phone, then it works. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Deleted the car from the phone and reconnected again seems to resolve it for a bit, then last night's Google App update resolved it on its own.

Just finished installing the hardware tonight. After reading all the resources here and the other Mazda forums and YouTube, found the least amount of removing interior panels etc, was to just remove the side trim pieces on both the passenger and driver side (saves you from removing the glovebox). You do spend a little more time running the wiring along the existing path behind the CMU which snakes around to the driver side, down to the footwell, and then back across the center console to the passenger side.

From there you can follow everyone's instructions about fishing the wires to the back. Like everyone else I also found it easiest to just detach the entire trim piece with the USB hub attached from the center console before replacing it with the updated unit.

The link for the cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_failsafe.up and cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_reinstall.up are not working anymore. Does anyone have the files still and can re-upload them somwhere?

Thank you!

I don't have Apple CarPlay (yet...going in on Monday), and I have always had a glitchy experience with the infotainment system. It is very slow all the time.

Anybody know how to make the CarPlay music app show more than 10 songs in the song list? Does anybody know how to clear the songs in the list? CarPlay lists these songs as recently played but they are just a random assortment of old songs that are never played.

Honestly, the more I use it, I HATE CarPlay. The navigation is fine but otherwise, the music app is terrible. The other downloadable apps never work unless you start them on your phone manually - defeating the purpose of CarPlay. In fact, to play music, I unplug the USB, find the music on the phone and plug the phone back in.

I wish there was a way to use the Mazda system for music but CarPlay for Nav and the phone. Don't know if this is Apple's issue or Mazda's but the system sucks balls.

While moving, Apple CarPlay will only display so much information. When stopped, all my playlist show up, for example, but only a few show while driving.

I find the best way to use Apple CarPlay for music is to simply use voice commands. Hit the voice button on the steering wheel and tell Siri what you want to listen to.

While moving, Apple CarPlay will only display so much information. When stopped, all my playlist show up, for example, but only a few show while driving.

I find the best way to use Apple CarPlay for music is to simply use voice commands. Hit the voice button on the steering wheel and tell Siri what you want to listen to.

Yeah, but when I have three versions of the song, SIRI can only find one - and if I forgot the name of the person - I am screwed. Any idea how to clear the "song" list? Mine shows songs that I have not played since my children were 5 and have no desire to play now! But those are the only songs that show up. Drives me crazy.

Yeah, but when I have three versions of the song, SIRI can only find one - and if I forgot the name of the person - I am screwed. Any idea how to clear the "song" list? Mine shows songs that I have not played since my children were 5 and have no desire to play now! But those are the only songs that show up. Drives me crazy.

Sounds like you need to clean up your music library on your phone. :)

I had to do the same thing when I got Apple CarPlay. Spent a lot of time cleaning up my music library and creating playlists to make it easier to use.

Anybody know how to make the CarPlay music app show more than 10 songs in the song list? Does anybody know how to clear the songs in the list? CarPlay lists these songs as recently played but they are just a random assortment of old songs that are never played.

Honestly, the more I use it, I HATE CarPlay. The navigation is fine but otherwise, the music app is terrible. The other downloadable apps never work unless you start them on your phone manually - defeating the purpose of CarPlay. In fact, to play music, I unplug the USB, find the music on the phone and plug the phone back in.

I wish there was a way to use the Mazda system for music but CarPlay for Nav and the phone. Don't know if this is Apple's issue or Mazda's but the system sucks balls.

Sometimes I miss having an CD player option.

Im in the music business and know many people who still buy and love CDs.

ACP isnt my thing.

Please help, I can see only "Apple Carplay" and "Android Auto" menu with grayed out, never select them.
I'm using Android 6.0 and tried with good USB cables, goal is to activate AA.
I installed retrofit kit to CX-9 2016, 1: upgrade firmware to 70.00.100A, 2: replace to C922-V6-605A cable, 3: replace to TK78-66-9U0C USB hub.

Please help, I can see only "Apple Carplay" and "Android Auto" menu with grayed out, never select them.
I installed retrofit kit to CX-9 2016, 1: upgrade firmware to 70.00.100A, 2: replace to C922-V6-605A cable, 3: replace to TK78-66-9U0C USB hub.

I found 2 similar topics.
https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...enuine-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda/comments/a6ab2g/unchecked_android_auto_while_messing_around_and

To check GPS connector and to reset completely with Factory reset or battery disconnect are my next step.

Did you ever get it working? I installed the retrofit kit this past weekend. AA worked once then didn't after that. The top USB port wouldn't even charge my phone but the other USB port would. The SD nav worked fine too. The next day AA worked the first time but as soon as I turned off the car and back on it wouldn't connect or charge from the top USB port. I finally did a factory reset on Mazda Connect and it's charging consistently now but only connecting to AA about half the time.

Ive used Android Auto with an Audi and a Jaguar. Theyre both s***, which makes me think that AA is s***. Id just get a backup camera capable stereo and skip the whole connected garbage.

Hello BorisovQW...FYI, iPhone iOS 13 beta, provides a more positive experience with ACP. I cannot speak on AA.

Peace and blessings,

Azekecse

I just installed the latest firmware update and assume the Apple Carplay or Android Auto options will not show until I install the new USB hub and cable set? which will be delivered to me on Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back