Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

Throwing my 2 cents in on this endless thread. Dropped off my car at dealer this morning, in talking w/ the service rep, they said they hadn't heard of an "official" start date for the retrofit, but their honest opinion would be that it probably won't happen until early next year

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Just finished the install of the firmware (70.00.100A),CP Hub and wires on the CX-9. Total install took about 1:50, but I had just done it in my wife's CX-5 a few weeks back (and it was much easier in this car). Only PITA was snaking the wires to the HUB, took three tries but got it eventually. While I was in that mode, I went ahead and upgraded the CX-5 from 70.00.021B to 70.00.100A and reinstalled her tweaks. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of her ability to use the touch screen while moving. I need serial access to my CMU to make that happen and I can't justify buying a laptop just for that.

Registered Member

CX9

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    Just finished the install of the firmware (70.00.100A),CP Hub and wires on the CX-9. Total install took about 1:50, but I had just done it in my wife's CX-5 a few weeks back (and it was much easier in this car). Only PITA was snaking the wires to the HUB, took three tries but got it eventually. While I was in that mode, I went ahead and upgraded the CX-5 from 70.00.021B to 70.00.100A and reinstalled her tweaks. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of her ability to use the touch screen while moving. I need serial access to my CMU to make that happen and I can't justify buying a laptop just for that.
    thanks for your input. One question- is there a site elsewhere that talks about how to actually do that update? thank you!

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Quote Originally Posted by gocx9123 View Post
    thanks for your input. One question- is there a site elsewhere that talks about how to actually do that update? thank you!
    See post #123 of this thread. There's pretty explicit instructions as well as links to files with the OEM directions for installation.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Touring

Hello, Just got a 2018 CX-9 Touring and was looking forward to adding Android Auto, but I have had no luck buying the 0000-8F-Z34 part. I placed the order through MazdaNY and it got canceled. I was wondering if doing the AIO Tweak on a CX-9 with versions 59.0.0546 possible? or am I better off waitig on Mazda official release? Thanks!

2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray / 2018 MX-5 GT Machine Gray

Quote Originally Posted by ediction View Post
    Hello, Just got a 2018 CX-9 Touring and was looking forward to adding Android Auto, but I have had no luck buying the 0000-8F-Z34 part. I placed the order through MazdaNY and it got canceled. I was wondering if doing the AIO Tweak on a CX-9 with versions 59.0.0546 possible? or am I better off waitig on Mazda official release? Thanks!
    You can do AIO on 59.00.546, but youíll have to do the serial hack. More information and instructions on the AIO website.

I did the CP/AA upgrade and the serial hack at the same time because youíd have to take the CMU apart for both. There are more vendors out there. I got mine from priority mazda. Lots of people has gotten the parts from them. A bunch other from mazda swag. Just be sure to leave the VIN box blank when ordering.

The mazda3 revolution website also has tons and tons of information and guidance on this. All mazda connect systems are the same, regardless of the model.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by phxzoom View Post
    You can do AIO on 59.00.546, but youíll have to do the serial hack. More information and instructions on the AIO website.

I did the CP/AA upgrade and the serial hack at the same time because youíd have to take the CMU apart for both. There are more vendors out there. I got mine from priority mazda. Lots of people has gotten the parts from them. A bunch other from mazda swag. Just be sure to leave the VIN box blank when ordering.

The mazda3 revolution website also has tons and tons of information and guidance on this. All mazda connect systems are the same, regardless of the model.
    Thanks for the info! Going to order the part from somewhere else. For the serial hack do you recommend using the hardware that's listed on the MazdaTweaks? Which is https://www.amazon.com/Elegoo-EL-CP-.../dp/B01EV70C78 and https://www.amazon.com/Qunqi-CP2102-.../dp/B014PBYER4 thanks

2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray / 2018 MX-5 GT Machine Gray

Quote Originally Posted by ediction View Post
    Thanks for the info! Going to order the part from somewhere else. For the serial hack do you recommend using the hardware that's listed on the MazdaTweaks? Which is https://www.amazon.com/Elegoo-EL-CP-.../dp/B01EV70C78 and https://www.amazon.com/Qunqi-CP2102-.../dp/B014PBYER4 thanks
    Those are the ones I used.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617