Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoose View Post
    given that aa was up and running on existing 2016/17/18 entertainment systems until mazda killed it, there are no additional requirements for aa to run in these vehicles.
    this⬆️

2018 cx-9 signiture

Maybe the wireless AA? Who knows if it comes it comes, if not what can you do.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by MattGoose View Post
    Given that AA was up and running on existing 2016/17/18 entertainment systems until Mazda killed it, there are no additional requirements for AA to run in these vehicles.
    This is a great point.

Registered Member

Mazda CX9 2016 GT AWD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
    Not sure what's so compelling about Apple Car Play that would make me want to pay after the fact to have it installed? Maybe if it mirrored Waze or Google Maps (which I didn't even think Android Auto did).
    I use Android auto with my mazda cx9 2016 awd GT Turbo and I use waze and google maps without any problem. every day.

Registered Member

Mazda CX9 2016 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Well,
    I assure you this is a big problem experienced by many. Reboots, blanking, etc. in previous threads people that didnít have the issue, started having the issues at a later time. In my case, I needed a new CMU and a year later, problems are crippling back up again.
    my original GPS hangs from time to time. But I just use android auto and my android phone with Waze with the mazda big screen. I believe I have 6 months without using the mazda gps app. I turn it 3 weeks ago and after 3 days, hangs...

Registered Member

Mazda CX9 GT 2018, Mazda3 2010

When you drive alone, Car play and Android Auto could be great. But, when you go with your family or worse with colleagues, it could get annoying to project your phone screen to the display. I even hate the bluetooth connectivity, when I am not going alone. Besides, there is a simple solution for not having one. Just get a phone with larger display and get a nice cell phone mount. Bet, you wont miss the car play/android auto. I don't use the Mazdas GPS at all, as it is too much work to input the address. Still heads-up display is handy for all other information. As is, I am starting to love the simplicity of the infortainment system
    Last edited by karthik1516; 05-10-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Registered Member

KBB article test driving the 2018 Mazda6 indicates what is to come with AA/CarPlay:

Another bonus: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

For this midcycle refresh, the latest Mazda6 receives a revamped interior. As the brand strives for more of a premium feel, the new Mazda6 Signature model is adorned with accoutrements such as Japanese hardwood inlays, ventilated front seats and supportive yet comfortable Nappa leather.

Thatís all well and good, but what Mazda really needed was to finally get on board with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. Itís among the last automotive brand to not offer the smartphone systems as part of its infotainment system. Thankfully that will change. Mazda said this sedan will be the first to offer CarPlay and Android Auto. But itís not immediate, and it comes with a catch. The two systems will be standard on Touring and above trims, but wonít be available until July. At that point, if youíve bought a 2018 Mazda6 youíll have to take it to a dealership for the update. Mazda reps say it wonít be until December that the cars will ship from the factory with systems installed.

At this point we had the same questions many customers are asking: Will older Mazdas be able to get the upgrade, and what about other models, like the popular CX-5? Unfortunately Mazda didnít have answers at this weekís event. ďStay tunedĒ seemed the words of choice. But, at long last, at least Mazda is finally getting on board with these two popular smartphone systems.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the...ew/2100005409/

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

I couldn't give a rats ass about CarPlay. Sure, it's a nice gimmick but necessary or a deal breaker? No.

Me and the wallet are growing weary of feeling like slaves to Apple and many "must-have" technologies. I don't need that sh*^ to feel complete.

Ok, back to staring at my iPhone.
    Fruitwolf

2018 cx-9 signiture

So it looks like most car companies are looking to make and use their own carplay systems, so this could be the reason they are late to the party.

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by dougwho View Post
    So it looks like most car companies are looking to make and use their own carplay systems, so this could be the reason they are late to the party.
    Apple's going to rake in the dough from all of the brand licenses and "custom" hardware lol

2018 cx-9 signiture

Apple's going to rake in the dough from all of the brand licenses and "custom" hardware lol

Yup! that's like saying that the world owes the Marconi family for inventing the radio.

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by dougwho View Post

Yup! that's like saying that the world owes the Marconi family for inventing the radio.
    Apple is well known for their proprietary "closed systems" and the price premiums they command for those systems. They're also well known for their effective marketing.

I think that they're smart enough to continue with the way they've been doing things and find some way to capitalize on this.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456