Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

I have a question, if you use car play are you able to listen to the radio, and use say google maps or waze at the same time? Or will I have to just use my spotify with a map application?

I have a question, if you use car play are you able to listen to the radio, and use say google maps or waze at the same time? Or will I have to just use my spotify with a map application?

Yes, you can. You can be listening to FM radio and enter to CarPlay and use Waze for example.

Or the other way around too... you could be streaming audio from carplay and use Mazdas native navigation app. Plus on carplay you can run more than one navigation app at the same time. I like using apples own because thats the one defaulted on the nav button in the center console, but Im generally running waze in the background for notifications and such.

Just got this email from my dealer where I bought my 2018 Touring.

We're excited to announce that Mazda will soon be releasing the Apple Car play/Android auto accessory kit available for select model year 2014 and newer vehicles with a MAZDA CONNECT system.

As a customer of Mazda of Elk Grove, we want to give you the first opportunity In Elk Grove to equip your Mazda with this new technology.

Starting November 19, we will be offering this upgrade for *$498.00! (includes parts & labor).

Just got this email from my dealer where I bought my 2018 Touring.

We're excited to announce that Mazda will soon be releasing the Apple Car play/Android auto accessory kit available for select model year 2014 and newer vehicles with a MAZDA CONNECT* system.

As a customer of Mazda of Elk Grove, we want to give you the first opportunity In Elk Grove to equip your Mazda with this new technology.

Starting November 19, we will be offering this upgrade for *$498.00! (includes parts & labor).

That's not too bad of a deal, still cost way less than my iphone lol

Are any online dealers still selling the kit? I keep seeing "Not available for sale" everywhere I look. I know that will change as they roll it out, but you know, I'm anxious to get it. :D

Ermm, my dealer says same date 11/19 but they said $199 and then labor, which shouldn't be $498 still that sounds steep

Are any online dealers still selling the kit? I keep seeing "Not available for sale" everywhere I look. I know that will change as they roll it out, but you know, I'm anxious to get it. :D

Actually some still do. Google C922-V6-605A (usb wires) and TK78-66-9U0C (usb hub).

Ermm, my dealer says same date 11/19 but they said $199 and then labor, which shouldn't be $498 still that sounds steep

If you take $100/hr labor into count, $498 is not too far off. I ordered the kit online for $163.66 and spent 4 hours to install it.

Hopefully it does, since it says it's a kit. Price is almost the same as what other people paid for. otherwise if it is missing something I will return it.
Thanks

Dealer ordered parts for mine today. He*s installing upgrade next Friday. Net cost $350 after $100 discount

Hopefully it does, since it says it's a kit. Price is almost the same as what other people paid for. otherwise if it is missing something I will return it.
Thanks

It doesn't say for CX-9.... so some of the cables may be a little shorter just be aware.

I spoke to my dealer today when I was in for service, said they are scheduling staring in December for the retrofit @ $350 out the door.

Back